mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trigger function when recording audio to s70xs?"

Posted on: March 15, 2013 @ 10:41 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

I’m a bit confused about the trigger function when recording audio to s70xs. I don’t really understand how the trigger level sets the recording to begin. Shouldn’t it just record when you hit the record button?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2013 @ 05:14 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Not sure what you don’t understand.

First, let’s just say they give you multiple ways to begin recording to the USB stick or to internal memory. Please pick the one that best suits you needs/requirements.

TRIGGER LEVEL can be set to Manual or to any value 1-127
Manual - means you start recording by pressing a button
Trigger Level - means that recording will begin when audio exceeds a trigger threshold that you can set.

The trigger level 1-127 method is great for when you are recording from a source that begins silently… Say you are transferring audio from a handheld player, or you are recording the S90 XS/S70 XS playing back a sequence… you can cue the player to just before the start of music, set the trigger level to a value of 1, and arm the record feature, it waits… as soon as music begins and exceeds the threshold of 1, recording begins.

Say the source has an unwanted noise out front, you can avoid it by setting the trigger level higher.

If you prefer manual don’t let the trigger level bother you, simply use the manual. It is a matter of preference.

Shouldn’t it just record when you hit the record button?

BTW - there is no RECORD button on the S90 XS… To use manual, set the TRIGGER LEVEL parameter to manual, then Press [ENTER] to start the recorder.

And to answer the question: No, having the automatic trigger by level is actually very useful. And besides choice is a good thing. I could see your point if it did not have manual, but to limit to “just” that method, why? Others may find it useful, even if you don’t.

:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2013 @ 05:15 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Thankyou now I understand. I overlooked the manual option and thought it could only record with a trigger level set. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]