mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changing within a Multi with a pedal"

Posted on: March 13, 2013 @ 03:33 PM
DooWahDiddy
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-13-2013

Hi there,

I just bought an s90xs, and this forum has been incredibly helpful in learning all about it!  I’ve successfully figured out how to program both Performances and Multis for my uses, and I love how the Multis sustain sounds over patch changes. 

The one thing I can’t figure out is whether or not there is any way to have the patch change pedal change THROUGHOUT a particular Multi instead of changing the Multi itself.  Like, if I’m in Master Mode, having put together a string of Performances and Multis, and I’m going along and using the pedal to advance patches, well, when I get to a Multi I’m going to need to access the individual slots before I advance to the next one, you know? 

Is there any way to have it scroll through all the programmed sounds and THEN continue on to the next number?  Thanks so much for the help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2013 @ 04:57 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the forums!

if I’m in Master Mode, having put together a string of Performances and Multis, and I’m going along and using the pedal to advance patches, well, when I get to a Multi I’m going to need to access the individual slots before I advance to the next one, you know?

You should be able to access the individual PARTs via the numbered Select button [1]-[16] with seamless transitions between the 16 PARTs of your MULTI, while you are in MASTER mode.

Simply make sure the [PART] button is lit.

The FS can only increment Programs in the mode you are in, if you are in MASTER mode, that means incrementing MASTER programs.

At no point can a pedal take the place of pressing a front panel PART Select button. PART SELECT buttons are actually changing the MIDI Transmit Channel of the Keyboard. Foot Switches and Foot Pedals are only capable of sending Channel messages, not the System Exclusive message required to switch channels. The front panel buttons address the internal system directly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2013 @ 11:28 PM
DooWahDiddy
Joined  03-13-2013

Rats!  That would truly make it a 100% perfect keyboard, in my opinion.  :-)

Thanks for the answer, though!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2013 @ 04:12 AM
nickthat
Joined  05-11-2012

BM
From what you are saying, this should be possible with a MIDI Foot controller, like say the FC 300. Do you know what system exclusive messages would need to be sent to make this happen? I did try to figure this out for my FC 300 before but couldnt make it work.

[ Ignore ]