mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can I assign arps to tracks in seq play mode when using the s70xs with a computer?"

Posted on: March 04, 2013 @ 05:18 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Can I assign arps to tracks in seq play mode when using the s70xs with a computer? If so, how many arps can I run at a time on 16 channels simultaneously?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2013 @ 06:19 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Can I assign arps to tracks in seq play mode when using the s70xs with a computer? If so, how many arps can I run at a time on 16 channels simultaneously?

Arpeggios are assigned to PARTS (never to Tracks) - sorry, we have to be clear about this so you don’t get all mixed up.

A “PART” is the S70 XS tone engine… there are 16 PARTS, a VOICE is placed in each PART when you are in MULTI/SEQ PLAY mode. So in PART 1 you might have a Piano, in PART 2 you might have a Bass, and so on. Any four PARTS can be assigned an ARPEGGIATOR at any one time. The tone generator has four separate ARPEGGIATORS that can be used simultaneously. Because you can work with your computer in a workflow that is called “Multi-tracking” where you can transfer some PARTS and then on another pass transfer others, (overdubbing)… you can re-assign the ARPs as you desire. The limit is four at once.

When using the S70 XS with a computer you can setup record the ARPEGGIO data. It does require a different configuration - you can record your playing, to your DAW, then route that back to the XS, and setup to OUTPUT the data from a PART’s Arpeggio so that you can record it in your computer.

You have to decide what you want to do, there is really no reason to record it as MIDI data unless you plan on editing the data. I mention that because, you can, of course, record the output of any PART as AUDIO to your computer DAW. It will depend on what you are attempting to do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2013 @ 06:38 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Thanks Big MIstr. The way I’ve worked in the past is record all music including arp data as midi information to a computer, mix levels and then bounce the multiple midi tracks as one stereo track. Yes, having the midi data allows me to edit the velocity/note selection etc. and change sounds later but keep the musical data there. It also seemed like a cleaner way of working to cut and delete midi data when i wanted tracks to cut in and out, rather than chopping audio. I bounce multiple midi tracks as one stereo track also because I think I would prabably get less noise in my final stereo track this way than the accumulated noise in several audio tracks being bounced. This is my logic...but hey I’m a blonde!

[ Ignore ]