mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "S90XS Master help"

Posted on: February 28, 2013 @ 02:48 PM
Johnnyack
Total Posts:  27
Joined  09-28-2012

I’ve exausted all means by which to answer this question.... tried the manual, beyond the manual, searching the forums.. just can’t find answer to this question:
-- if I set up a master, all 4 Zones ON with Voice on zone 1, and a differant performance on zone 2 and 3, then voice on zone 4.... Then store as Master 001.... can I use a foot switch to progress through each of the zones in the master 001?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2013 @ 09:42 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’ve exausted all means by which to answer this question.... tried the manual, beyond the manual, searching the forums.. just can’t find answer to this question:
-- if I set up a master, all 4 Zones ON with Voice on zone 1, and a differant performance on zone 2 and 3, then voice on zone 4.... Then store as Master 001.... can I use a foot switch to progress through each of the zones in the master 001?

If you create a Master program with all 4 Zones ON, you can only address a single internal Voice. When a Master program is associated with the MEMORY location “VOICE” you are for all intents and purposes associated with Voice mode. Only one Voice can be played at a time with the S90 XS/S70 XS… The other three Zones remain available for EXTERNAL devices. As stated in the Beyond the Manual article.

If you create a Master program and associate it with Memory = Performance mode, you can play just a single Performance, same as if you were in Performance mode… Yes it contains as many as four Voices but all four will be addressed by the one Zone… The other three Zones remain available for EXTERNAL devices.

If you create a MASTER program and associate it with a MULTI, then and only then can the four Zones of the Master each address a different INTERNAL PART… and as you know each PART of a MULTI contains one VOICE.

No, you cannot use a Foot switch to change MIDI channels. Use the front panel numbered buttons to change MIDI transmit channels you when in Voice, Performance, or MUlti mode… When you are in Master mode and the Zone Switch is ON, the transmit channels you are transmitting on will be determined by the Zones that are active.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2013 @ 03:28 PM
Johnnyack
Total Posts:  27
Joined  09-28-2012

You really are the King, bad!  I understand.  Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2013 @ 12:24 PM
piano-player
Total Posts:  51
Joined  02-21-2012

Hi!

Bad Mister, I hope I’m not givning the wrong information here, if so, I do apologize.

But wouldn’t it be possible to change the Midi transmit channel via a System Exclusive Message?

If so one could get a foot-swich with (at least) four switches and assign each one of them to send a sysex.message to change the Midi trasmit channel to a channel of your choise. Not every foot-switch can send sysex. messages. I use the Roland FC300 with my s90xs. I use it to change between the 5 arp-variations in different performances by sending sysex.messages to the s90xs from 5 different footswitches. And I’m turning the arp on/off with switch number 6!

Kind regards from Sweden

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Pop/rock set S90XS
Next Topic:

Successor to s90xs .... S90 xf ››