mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "problems with listening to midi in S90xs"

Posted on: January 27, 2013 @ 03:40 PM
harmonicsword
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-09-2007

Hi everybody
i have a problem with midi files on my S90XS.
my instrument doesn’t recognize the different setups and the different midi voices which r used in a new midi file....
for example… when i try to listen to a midifile from my usb stick, the S90xs chooses different sounds (mostly funny sounds) and it doesn’t recognize the drum track… and many times i couldn’t recognize the tune at all because of the ( stupid) sounds it chose :(
i tried to change the voice setup for the midi file.. but.. it took a lot of time and i couldn’t not save it… which means i need to waste around 5 min before i listen to any midi file....:(
i hope that anybody had any idea to resolve that

thanks and have a nice day

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2013 @ 08:12 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

MIDI isn’t my ‘forte’, but I am having a problem understanding your issue.

Where did you ‘make’ the MIDI file? In the S90 XS or elsewhere? Is it a third party MIDI file?

MIDI is just ‘information’.The ‘information’ doesn’t really ‘know’ where to go. You have to ‘tell it’. That’s why you get the ‘stupid’ sounds.

I’m going to be interested in how this turns out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2013 @ 04:07 AM
harmonicsword
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-09-2007

they r third party midi files.... i used to listen to them on my old psr2000.. and i had no problem at all…
in Midi files.. each track is usually assigned to one sound.... like: track one is piano… track 2 is strings… and everybody can see those sounds’ information when u use any music program like Cubase or cakewalk.
but what happened with my s90xs, i got a horn sound for example instead of piano… or a strings sound instead of Drums…
i hope that i explained my problem in a good way…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ S700 Piano
Next Topic:

S90XS Vellos Falls patch ››