mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What am I doing Wrong???"

Posted on: November 17, 2012 @ 12:42 AM
QuestMusic
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-15-2012

Hi Every one,
I’am new to this forum and to the MO-XF world. I got my first Motif Xf6 about 4 days ago.
I"m trying to use it as a tone gen. I think that Im missing something b/c i get the first midi track working fine,on Port1 ch#1 but when I add a second midi track and assign it to ch#2 under port1 it and i try to choose another sound it changes the sound that was assigned for the first track.

Any one that can tell me what am doing wrong pls. TY

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-11-16 at 9.24.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-11-16 at 9.24.02 PM.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
QuestMusic
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-15-2012

OK Apparently I have to be on Song or Pattern and Mix mode to do this is this correct?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2012 @ 10:07 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The MULTI_TIMBRAL modes of the Motif XF are SONG MIXING and PATTERN MIXING modes.

When you are in VOICE mode you can select a single sound to play. This is mostly used for solo playing
When you are in PERFORMANCE you can take a single sound or as many as four and combine them for a simultaneous play (performing) - this includes adding a programmable A/D INPUT PART as well.

When you are using the Motif XF with a SEQUENCER (be it the internal sequencer or an external sequencer) you must place it in a mode where you can access 16 VOICES - each VOICE placed in one of 16 PARTS. These are the MIXING modes found when you Press SONG or PATTERN.
Call up a blank location and use the MIXING setup to house your 16 VOICES.
Initially the MIDI receive channel of each PART matches the button used to recall it 1 through 16.

Take your time - sit with both the Owner’s and Reference manuals and read through the pertinent sections.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XF 7 controller weirdness
Next Topic:

Motif 6 and MLAN solutions ››