mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Self reset"

Posted on: September 08, 2011 @ 03:24 AM
ragingox1973
Total Posts:  86
Joined  05-30-2011

Hi,

Just turned on my mox today, for no reason it just it did a factory reset on its own wiping out all my songs and patterns. Unfortunately some of the sequences weren’t backed up! Can anyone tell me why that happened? What’s the chance of it happening again as I planned to play the mox live. Anyone else with same issues? Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2011 @ 04:35 AM
phloid
Total Posts:  126
Joined  06-22-2011

To confirm, you had saved some custom files that remained after multiple switches on/off and everything is back to a fresh out of the box from factory status?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2011 @ 04:47 AM
ragingox1973
Joined  05-30-2011

yes, phloid. everything went back to factory settings including with all the demo songs & patterns reloaded. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2011 @ 06:28 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry to hear you lost your SONGS and PATTERNS. The MO-X can be set to do a Factory Set on Power up, if and only if the POWER ON AUTO function is set to ON. Make sure that is it set to OFF and that you then press [STORE] to write this setting to your instrument’s FLASH ROM.

From your REFERENCE MANUAL page 150:

PowerOn Auto (Power On Auto Factory Set)
When this parameter is set to on, turning the power on will restore the User memory to the factory default settings and load the demo Songs and demo Patterns. Normally, this should be set to off.

An “X” in the box = ON
A black square in the box = OFF

This will prevent this from happening again. The POWER ON AUTO - dutifully clears all USER data each time it is powered on, and is a setting for RETAIL STORES and CLASSROOM situations, where you would want the unit factory fresh each session or each day. You own the MO-X shut this function OFF. And then STORE it that way.

Press [UTILITY]
Press [JOB]
Clear the POWER ON AUTO box (black square appears in the box)
Press [STORE] to write this setting to your instrument’s FLASH ROM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2011 @ 09:07 AM
ragingox1973
Joined  05-30-2011

Thanks BM! I must have inadvertently turn the power on reset on. I’ll let you if it happens again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2011 @ 09:58 AM
saxmanjack
Total Posts:  56
Joined  08-25-2011

Also on page 19 of the printed Owner’s Manual, but should probably be printed in capital letters on the front cover, or on a separate sheet that’s the first thing you see when opening the carton…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2011 @ 01:39 PM
rogs
Total Posts:  121
Joined  07-16-2011

I too missed this point, when I first had my MOX6, and lost some early ideas. I’ve corrected it now, plus the fact I save to a USB stick, without fail, these days - just in case.
Doesn’t take up much room on a stick, so I can delete and update all the time easily, with plenty of room to spare......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2011 @ 04:20 PM
ragingox1973
Joined  05-30-2011

I do back up on a usb but for some reason I didn’t do it this week & this happened...frow now on I’ll try to remember to do it regularly.

[ Ignore ]