mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Quick question about XF mixing mode"

Posted on: November 17, 2010 @ 12:11 PM
aVertex
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-27-2009

When in mixing mode (basically when I want to use XF’s sounds in a DAW project, for example) is it possible to set parameters like release, attack etc for any track (intrument)?

Thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2010 @ 05:36 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Well, yes, of course. You can do it in several different ways:

1) Edit the Voice itself. This is done either with the Motif XF Editor or on the front panel of the unit. This is the most in depth way. For example, using the Editor each PART can be fully edited and a new version of the VOICE can be stored.
Alternatively, you can use the front panel: Press [MIXING] > Press [F6] VCE EDIT. This drops you into full edit on that particular VOICE. Each ELEMENT can be fully edited adjusting the Attack, Release and virutally any other parameter you might want to control.

2) The Motif XF offers you a quick access method to control parameters like Attack and Release (the only two you mentioned specifically) - you can use Control Change messages to OFFSET the Attack and Release parameters.

cc073 = Attack
cc072 = Release

What these do is OFFSET the parameter setting by applying an overall value more/less to change the Voice. You can enter these values in your DAW as Control Change messages - see the documentation of your DAW for how to insert this type of message in the track.

3) Within the MIXING > EDIT > PART parameters you will find OFFSET values for the AEG (Amplitude Envelope Generator)
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press the PART [1]-[16] to view its parameters
Press [F4] EG
Here you will find a quick way to shape the overall sound of a VOICE - these values get stored with the Motif XF MIX setup.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2010 @ 07:45 PM
aVertex
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-27-2009

Not only a quick reply, but a very accurate one! You have my axe! :P

By the way, am I wrong or doing this with the ES (precisely the “multi” mode of the ES Rack) was a bit more complicated?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2010 @ 09:59 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

By the way, am I wrong or doing this with the ES (precisely the “multi” mode of the ES Rack) was a bit more complicated?

I’m not sure what you mean by complicated. Rack units are always a bit more fiddly because you are at the mercy of whatever you have to control them. They don’t have the same Knobs, Sliders, and buttons that the keyboard version has. So “complicated”? I don’t know, since the parameters are all the same I can say it is more complicated - perhaps the keyboard version is quicker to access the things you want to get to, is all.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Trillian-Bass Legends
Next Topic:

Upgrading from ES8 to XF8 ››