mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS7 Newbie"

Posted on: October 15, 2010 @ 07:41 AM
wilky
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-29-2008

Hi
EveryoneI have just purchased a Motif XS7 and I am very impressed with it.
This is my first Motif keyboard,I have just sold my Tyros 2 as now that I am at grade 8 piano level I am more interested in playing layered sounds across the keyboard in piano style without Auto Accomplements.
Just a couple of questions on amplification.

1. If I decide to purchase a pair of studio monitors will I need a mixer or can I connect them directly to the motif?.

2. I already have the Logitech Z2300 Speakers but this system a single stereo out plug.
Do I connect this to the L/Mono output or could I connect this to the headphone socket to give a stereo signal.

If it is not possible to get a stereo sound without using seperate monitors can anyone recommend what type to use.
They are for live playing at home.

Thanks Wilky

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2010 @ 10:58 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

I tried to answer this earlier today but my post just disappeared… anyway…

This is a Logic specific forum that you’ve posted in but in general-

1. If I decide to purchase a pair of studio monitors will I need a mixer or can I connect them directly to the motif?.

No. The monitors should have an rca pin coaxial input which is sufficient to move a digital stereo signal through a coaxial cable…

2. I already have the Logitech Z2300 Speakers but this system a single stereo out plug.
Do I connect this to the L/Mono output or could I connect this to the headphone socket to give a stereo signal.

While I question the quality of Logitech speakers in general, I assume they should be ok for home use. A stereo ‘Y’ cable or adapter from the XS to the Speakers should do the trick…

[ Ignore ]