mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Just bought logic 9 studio.."

Posted on: September 11, 2010 @ 08:28 PM
gaggy87
Total Posts:  87
Joined  08-02-2006

Hi. I’m a newbie to the world of recording, had a motif es6, got a mac and have just purchased a copy of logic 9 studio.
I’m looking to set up a home recording studio, first need to figure out how to get the best by setting my es with logic. Like I said i’m a newbie so even the stupidest idea popping up in ur mind may do be a big favor..!! Thank you for your continuos support.. Cheers ..~

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2010 @ 10:56 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

hello gaggy87,

if you do a search in this forum or the archive, you will happen upon any number of posts regarding the setup of the Motif ES with Logic…

Also, what audio interface do you have?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 07:49 PM
gaggy87
Joined  08-02-2006

@ motif8mine - Well, first of all, thanks for replying back. I have both the midi cable and a USB. Got all the drivers for my es downloaded.
What I do intend to do is make an arrangement with the es and logic 9 sounds and do the final mixing on logic. I have a pair of sony’s monitoring headphones and god willing will be buying a set of yamaha studio monitors soon. How should I proceed furhter .. ? Every advice of yours would be highly appreciated.. Cheers , Gaggy ~

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2010 @ 11:00 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

If you are connecting nothing other than the ES, I would suggest the USB cable… In order to record audio from the ES into Logic, an Audio Interface is required. Do you have one?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 16, 2010 @ 07:43 AM
gaggy87
Joined  08-02-2006

Cool.. I’ll use the USB cable. Well , audio interface - I can connect the audio L & R of my ES to the audio in of my mac.. Hope tht works…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 16, 2010 @ 01:28 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

alrighty then, see… this is the way this normally works- if you ask for advice, then you… oh well, let’s try this again…

The Logic Studio suite is a ‘Professional’ DAW. The Yamaha Motif ES is a ‘Professional’ Synth / Workstation. If you are going to record the output of this ‘Professional’ Synth into this ‘Professional’ DAW, you will require, (you guessed it, lol), a ‘Professional’ Audio Interface.

Like these, for instance...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2010 @ 03:09 PM
gaggy87
Joined  08-02-2006

Thank you ever so much for your valuable feedback .. Appreciate it..:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2010 @ 04:39 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Anytime… seriously you won’t be satisfied trying to take a keyboard signal through the Apple Audio input…

Peace…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2010 @ 02:31 AM
gaggy87
Joined  08-02-2006

I know.. Its just that everything in my part of the world costs a fortune..Be it a mac or a motif or audio equipments, they literally burn a hole in your pockets..:) For instance, A pair of YAMAHA MSP studio monitors are more expensive than a BOSE companion 5 series..!! Now, what do you have to say about that… ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 12:30 AM
mauitim
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-17-2009

Aloha Motif8mine. I have a brand new iMac and an XS8 with Logic and I’m using an Apogee Ensemble. Any advice for me regarding getting the Motif tracks individually over to Logic, so I can mix them individually with the other tracks I’m recording (guitar, vocals, etc)?
I’m new as well, so any links etc as basic as they might seem would be a huge help for getting this up and running.
One other thing - any idea if I can put the Yamaha S90ES piano sounds into this XS8? I expanded the memory in the XS, but not sure if this can be done and I love the S90ES piano.
Thanks in advance....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2010 @ 10:07 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Aloha Motif8mine. I have a brand new iMac and an XS8 with Logic and I’m using an Apogee Ensemble. Any advice for me regarding getting the Motif tracks individually over to Logic, so I can mix them individually with the other tracks I’m recording (guitar, vocals, etc)?
I’m new as well, so any links etc as basic as they might seem would be a huge help for getting this up and running.

Page through this forum for my Logic 9, XS8 Tutorial. It will walk you through the setup. I also use a audio interface for my vocals. I simply switch between it and the mLAN based on what I am recording...

One other thing - any idea if I can put the Yamaha S90ES piano sounds into this XS8? I expanded the memory in the XS, but not sure if this can be done and I love the S90ES piano.

Not sure which piano sounds you are referring to but, there was a free XSpand Your World Content released some time ago. See bottom of page of link… I do not know whether the XS can load s90ES editor files but the sample data would not be loaded if it can. It would just apply it’s own samples. The link above is a sample download…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ LOgic & Motif XF question?
Next Topic:

LSO for the Motif Rack XS ››