mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif instruments as Midi data in Logic 8 pro"

Posted on: July 21, 2010 @ 03:06 AM
jkaintplayin
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-21-2010

Logic midi data and Motif XS8 instruments,
I’m connecting my motif via firewire, and currently have an S/PDIF cable connecting it. I’m trying to receive its instruments in Logic… to no avail…
I believe the environment is set up correctly, but if you have suggestions/ environment files, let me know. i’ve already got a good one, but it won’t take the software instruments off the motif into logic…

All the banks are perfect, but I can’t quite figure out why it won’t use the instruments i select from the program menu on the channel designated for the motif on logic....

i’ve tried several things...... and, yes, it does receive midi data from the keyboard.

First, firewire direct from comp to audio interface, and then, midi cable from the motif to audio interface.
Doesn’t work.

Second, direct connection from the motif, usb to computer.

... doesn’t work

Third, firewire on keyboard (motif xs8) to firewire on interface, optical out on interface to optical in on comp.

... nope.....

Finally, spdif from motif into interface, firewire from interface into comp. 

...... nothing at all........

i’ve got no trouble controlling logic instruments, but when I try to use the motif for software synths, I get a midi input on logic, which will control logic’s tambres, but i still can’t get the instruments from the motif.

i’ve looked at alot of tutorials, downloaded the environment and the banks. 

all to no avail…

Basically, I want to to use my tambres from the motif as quantifiable data, and the only way I get an input is through a audio track. All i’m trying to figure out is why the motif cannot transfer its tambres as midi data, straight to logic.

I’m not quite sure whats going on,
but if you’re using motif instruments as midi data in logic,
let me know !!!!!!!!!!

<<<<<<<<<<

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2010 @ 05:47 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Bear with me but, this is far too confusing for me to try and assist you. I almost think that your question concerns using Logic to call up voices of the Motif XS8 but, you are making up your own terminology and I have no idea what you mean by it. It’s further compounded by the several ways you are attempting to connect the XS8. With so many things on the table, there’s no way to proffer an answer. Choose a medium, mLAN- usb, or your external audio interface and state your question as simply as possible and I’ll try and get you an answer…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Problem with Mlan16e and Logic 8
Next Topic:

Some questions regarding XS in Logic Pro 9 ››