mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Device Patch Problems with motif es 6"

Posted on: May 28, 2010 @ 11:26 PM
Q.A.
Total Posts:  8
Joined  11-25-2005

i have a motif es 6 and im using logic 9

when i open the device patch for the motif i only have about 50 instruments to choose from (not to mention they all are labeled wrong) does any 1 have the patch for this or found a way to get logic to recognized hte correct patch..  also when i save a track with a certain instrument… then load it back up i get default sounds.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2010 @ 09:27 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Q.A., hello…
A question or two: Can you please post a pic of what you are talking about? And, when you say- 50 instruments, have you downloaded an ES environment that has Instrument names? Or, are you creating one?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2010 @ 06:29 PM
Q.A.
Total Posts:  8
Joined  11-25-2005

these are the only options i have for choosing sounds from my motif (via logic)… if i click on grand piano… and then look on my motif the sound says “vanilla”.

and no i haven’t downloaded the ES environment… i’m sure that may be the problem… could you send me a link that will direct me 2 that… thanks for replying

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2010 @ 11:19 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004
Q.A. - 01 June 2010 06:29 PM

these are the only options i have for choosing sounds from my motif (via logic)… if i click on grand piano… and then look on my motif the sound says “vanilla”.

and no i haven’t downloaded the ES environment… i’m sure that may be the problem… could you send me a link that will direct me 2 that… thanks for replying

Sure, I’ll look for one but, these voice Do Not appear in Logic without either you putting them there or, opening a Logic Song File (or, Template) where someone has done the work for you. The reason that Vanilla would appear when selecting Grand Piano revolves around one of two answers. The Custom Bank Messages that you see in your pic have been inserted incorrectly or, you have customized your User Banks and their voices no longer correspond what what is in Logic’s environment… However, the bank in the pic appears to be a General MIDI bank so, it would point to incorrect Bank Messages.

Zip the file and upload it and I will check it out…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Switching from Pro Tools
Next Topic:

Logic 9 - How do i load the Motif XS Rack (FIREWIRE) ? ››