mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem with Midi Keyboard in Logic"

Posted on: May 19, 2010 @ 07:14 AM
fctwente
Total Posts:  66
Joined  11-26-2009

Can someone help me with this?

I have one key on my keyboard (A#2) giving no input and no sound, and in the environment this key always reads the signal ‘OFF’, no sound, anything. All other keys reads a input value and I hear sound. My question is, where can I solve this problem in logic? Where can I control my midi keyboard and its keys in logic?

FC

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2010 @ 04:00 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

An assumption is being made on your part that Logic is the culprit and you have not necessarily determined that to be the case. Anyway, Logic trouble shooting starts (and concludes really) with the following:

1) Try a new , empty project… or a different template. For example, I can verify that the Tutorial Environment template I posted in the LOGIC9, YAMAHA XS MLAN TUTORIAL works. Have you tried it?

2) Delete eleting the Logic’s Preference settings… Many issues can be resolved by restoring Logic Pro back to its original settings…

In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Preferences. Note: The tilde (~) represents your Home folder. Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this.

If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder. If you have upgraded from Logic Pro 7, you may also need to remove ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.

3) The next step if the issue is unresolved is to reinstall Logic...

Granted, the third step is very time consuming but, this is the complete diagnostic process as it relates to Logic. I would assume, (based on my experience) that if the first two steps do not resolve the issue, that the issue lies in the keyboard…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2010 @ 04:14 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Of course, another trouble shooting step is to swap out your Firewire or USB cable, whichever is applicable…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2010 @ 07:11 AM
fctwente
Joined  11-26-2009

Thanks,

step 1 and 2 doesn’t help, and reinstalling logic, would be too much for this small case. I only need to find the place in logic where I do have control over my Midi Keyboard settings (XS8 in this case) and where I can make settings for every key on the midi keyboard, do you now this place in Logic 9?

FC

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2010 @ 07:20 AM
fctwente
Joined  11-26-2009

A place in logic 9 where I can get keys from the midi keyboard on and of (in/out signal on/off on every key!)

as mentioned earlier, there’s one key who’s giving no input and output in the transport bar, it reads off!

I’m sure the problem is in Logic9, because the same problem comes up when playing software instruments from logic itself!

FC

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2010 @ 03:35 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

fctwente,
you are not hearing me… If #1 and #2 did not correct the problem, it is 99.5% probability that it is not Logic. The .5 % doubt can only be removed by reinstalling Logic… The problem lies elsewhere…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Silly Question
Next Topic:

logic midi confusion ››