mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Question?"

Posted on: May 07, 2010 @ 09:18 PM
wtbusiness
Total Posts:  86
Joined  12-09-2007

I still have a question about this link on step 5.  http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3330

I set up mine different.  When I go to Midi Destination, I do not see an option to select my keyboard.  There are no options to select different sounds.  I just see the Mlan port that I created in Logic environment.  Do I need to have it set up like in the tutorial? Do I need to set up the Studio Manager to do this?

I can download Studio Manager from the site, but the USB-Midi driver will not download.  I think that it is out dated.  It is for Mac versions 10.1.5 - 10.4.0.  My mac is updated to 10.5.8.  That makes me want to stop updating because nothing is compatible.

This is where I am so far?  Is this the way I am suppose to record with the Motif and Logic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3zagMbydj8

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2010 @ 01:07 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver V1.2.1 for Mac OS

This one is for Mac OS 10.4.11 ~ 10.6.x

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2010 @ 01:17 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

you are using mLAN so it is not necessary to download the USB Driver. (Unless you have a need to operate via USB in the future. Absolutely, setup your Audio MIDI Setup via the Tutorial. If you find that the option to select your keyboard is not showing in the External Instrument, try creating one External MIDI track before creating the External Instruments and that should trigger your environment to create the proper device…

The Studio Manager has nothing to do with this particular issue…

BTW, in that link I gave you concerning the External Instrument, I went into detail in how to create them without the outdated info… :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2010 @ 07:12 AM
wtbusiness
Joined  12-09-2007

Sometimes I try to go to fast and overlook detail.  I will go back and check out the tutorial on external instruments.  I will try to set up an external midi first and see if that works.  I am just a visual learner.  I have trouble reading step by step.  I get frustrated, but I have made some progress though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2010 @ 07:21 AM
wtbusiness
Joined  12-09-2007

That is an External MIDI Track. And we need to be real clear on this, because it is different from and External Instrument Track. So, I’m not sure which one you are using. But, I added the pic for cosmetic purposes. It also is displayed when I create External Instruments as you will see in the pics in the link below…

For clarity, an External MIDI Track is created by choosing ‘External MIDI’ when creating a track. An External Instrument is created by choosing ‘Software Instrument’ when creating a track. Please see my 3rd post in This Thread.

Is this the link that you are referring to for the external instruments?  I have looked at it, but I will comb through it again.  I may have missed something in the tread.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2010 @ 11:42 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

I was referring to my third post in This Thread, but let’s not confuse matters, you already have it working so, simply follow my advice above and you should be good to go...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2010 @ 01:24 PM
wtbusiness
Joined  12-09-2007

It’s working.  I did what u said.  The keyboard picture didn’t come up but I got it to recognize multiple instruments.  I should be ready to go.  Look out for some more music.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2010 @ 06:37 PM
wtbusiness
Joined  12-09-2007

I got it working, but I am having trouble with extra sound after I record my midi into logic.  The keyboard will continually play one note after I have recorded.  How do I fix this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2010 @ 08:56 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Without a better description, I have no clue. Is it the metronome, possibly?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XS Firewire Firmware Update Question
Next Topic:

Silly Question ››