mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS Firewire Firmware Update Question"

Posted on: May 02, 2010 @ 10:26 PM
T4MH
Total Posts:  169
Joined  10-20-2008

I read Motif8mine’s tutorial on MLAN setup with Logic.  I have to say this is quite detailed and should be very useful!  Thanks for putting this together Motif8mine!  Many of my questions have been answered and I will be performing this operation before too much longer.

One item in the tutorial indicated that the MOTIF XS 1394 Firewire Firmware needed to be updated.  I updated my XS Firmware earlier this year to v1.55.  Is this sufficient for the 1394 (was it updated along with everything else in this update)or is updating the 1394 a separate operation that I need to go ahead and do?

Is there a way that I can check the 1394 Firmware Version?

Please advise & thanks again!
T4MH

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2010 @ 11:13 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

The XS firmware is not the same as the 1394 Firmware. One deals with the XS operating system and the other- the mLAN Connection… The 1394 Firmware Update can be found here:

http://www.yamahasynth.com/downloads/drivers_software/synthesizers/motif_xs/all/

When you are using the Motif XS with the Yamaha Steinberg FW driver (YSFW) you need to verify the following settings in your Motif XS:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F1] GENERAL
Press [SF4] AUTO LOAD
Ensure that the IEEE1394 Driver = FW
If not, change the setting, then press [STORE] to write this preference to your Flash ROM
You will need to reboot the Motif XS for this setting to take place.

I believe that if FW is not an option, you would require the update…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2010 @ 12:52 AM
T4MH
Joined  10-20-2008

Thanks!  I’ll check.

T4MH

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2010 @ 08:53 PM
T4MH
Joined  10-20-2008

Ok I checked this today.  UTILITY>AUTOLOAD>1394 set to:MLAN I changed this to FW and got a message that said something about this resource being available after a reboot. STORE.  REBOOT>UTILITY>Message to keep the power on for about 2 seconds>AUTOLOAD>1394 set to:FW

So, do I need to update my 1394 Firmware prior to using the YSFW driver and connecting to LOGIC?

Thanks
T4MH

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2010 @ 05:46 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

System Preferences>Yamaha Steinberg FW>Motif XS it will give the FW Firmware version

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2010 @ 08:02 PM
T4MH
Joined  10-20-2008
motif8mine - 04 May 2010 05:46 PM

System Preferences>Yamaha Steinberg FW>Motif XS it will give the FW Firmware version

Oh, on the Mac, I see.  I haven’t received it yet, that happens tomorrow.  It will be a new install of the driver.  Just trying to get everything in order on the XS 1st, along with reading the tutorial.  Just want to have an idea what all is required before I bail off.

Thanks
T4MH

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How do I connect my Motif to a router?
Next Topic:

Question? ››