mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Record sequence from logic to Motif ES"

Posted on: April 30, 2010 @ 09:17 PM
frestrobbe
Total Posts:  5
Joined  11-20-2006

Hi,

I have my Motif ES6 hooked up to my Mac (running Logic 8) using usb.
I like to use Logic as sequencer but I would really like to be able to send/record the sequences to the Motif for live use.

Is there a way to automatically start to record on the Motif when I start my song in Logic?

Who can give me some advise on this?

Kind regards,
Frederik

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2010 @ 10:37 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

I would think that this is much easier to do via MIDI Export…

From Logic’s Manual:

To prepare all MIDI regions for a Standard MIDI file export
Select all MIDI regions by choosing Edit > Select All (or using the Select All key command, default assignment:  Command-A).

Normalize all playback parameters by choosing MIDI > Region Parameters > Normalize Region Parameters in the Arrange area (or use the Normalize key command, default assignment:  Control-N).

Convert all playback quantization by choosing MIDI > Region Parameters > Apply Quantization Settings Destructively (or use the corresponding key command, default assignment:  Control-Q).

Convert all aliases into real copies by choosing MIDI > Alias > Convert to a Region Copy (or using the Convert Alias to a Region Copy key command).

Convert all loops into real copies by choosing Region > Loops > Convert to Real Copies (or using the Convert Loops to Real Copies key command, default assignment:  K).

Convert all MIDI regions on each track into a continuous MIDI region by choosing Region > Merge > Regions per Tracks (or use the Merge Regions per Tracks key command).

Note: Because Standard MIDI file type 0 format files can only save one MIDI region, you must also merge all MIDI regions into one if you want to export in file format 0. You can do this by choosing Region > Merge > Regions.

Insert all instrument MIDI settings as events by choosing MIDI > Insert Instrument MIDI settings as Events.

Not all of these steps are necessary, depending on how you’ve recorded and edited the MIDI regions. I’ve placed the most important in blue. Also, make sure the regions are still highlighted when you export… Save the file to your flash drive and import it into your ES song.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2010 @ 06:03 AM
frestrobbe
Total Posts:  5
Joined  11-20-2006

ok thanks, I’ll try it that way

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Connecting the Motif XS to Logic Pro 8
Next Topic:

How do I connect my Motif to a router? ››