mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Connecting the Motif XS to Logic Pro 8"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: May 03, 2010 @ 04:34 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Do I really need this?

If you desire to bounce without recording the XS’ Audio, absolutely…

wtb, this would be a heck of a lot simpler for the both of us if you would restrict yourself to the advice I have given for now. The fact that you are unnecessarily setting up a mLAN Device in Logic’s Environment indicates that you have not followed the tutorial. That is an obsolete step that was resolved in Logic 8.

When you follow the steps to setup your Audio MIDI Setup, Logic will automatically prompt you anytime the mLAN Connection is present or disconnected. And, it will automatically create the Device in the Environment for you…

In fact, you would be up and running now because the process is not that hard. It’s really should only take a couple of minutes… I don’t mind trying to help but, I cannot help until you follow through. Also, keep in mind- when you are doing research on your own, which I really don’t mind, (it’s refreshing to see and, I fully encourage it), but there are at least three different mLAN Drivers (AI Driver, mLAN Driver, YSFW Driver) available since the XS’s inception and three different versions of Logic (7,8 and 9); and the instructions change depending on which combination you are using…

As mentioned before, simply substituting YSFW where the mLAN Driver is referenced in that tutorial will walk you through…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2010 @ 04:40 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Sorry, I forgot one thing- the mLAN port you setup in your Environment also, does not allow you to choose the MIDI Channels. that is something that you will in fact need… The other solution provides for that…

Peace…

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2