mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Home recording set up questions"

Posted on: April 07, 2010 @ 07:03 AM
Darren_H
Total Posts:  28
Joined  04-14-2009

Have finally taken the plunge and bought Logic Studio 9 in hope of making the whole song production process a little simpler. I am hoping to record my MO8 patterns and voices into logic as well as guitar & vocals.

At the moment I am mainly concerned with audio & softwre tracks in logic and not going to confuse myself further with midi just yet (I’m sure this will become essential at some point but not sure when). I plan to sequence everything in logic rather than through the MOs synthesiser ascmuch ad possible.

I know the only way to get MO voices into logic is through an AI (correct me if I am wrong) and currently I hav the MAudio fast track. In view of the fact I’ll be doing a lot of audio recording in logic can anyone suggest a more appropriate AI or offer any other comments about the approach to recording I havset out above?

My set up consists of MO8, iMac with logic, m-audio fast track, electro acoustic guitar and Shure mic

cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2010 @ 06:41 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

It is correct that the only way to get MO voices into logic is through an AI. Imho, the best AI to move Yamaha voices into a DAW is mLAN. But, I don’t think that’s an option in your case. So, it really boils down to personal preference then. If you are satisfied with the quality of M-Audio go with them. The options are endless- and really will be driven by your budget: MOTU, Presonus, a Mackie Digital Mixer, there are a ton of ways to go… Check with you music retailer…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2010 @ 05:27 PM
Darren_H
Total Posts:  28
Joined  04-14-2009

Thanks motif8mine, its all slowly becoming clearer as I’m working through the tutorials. Wish I’d gone down the logic route sooner!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Opinion on Logic.
Next Topic:

Best method to record a 4-bar loop into any DAW ››