mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Work Flow"

Posted on: February 20, 2010 @ 09:44 PM
wtbusiness
Total Posts:  86
Joined  12-09-2007

I have the FW driver working with my motif and logic.  I think that I am making some progress.  I am trying to improve my work flow.  It is recording audio into logic.  I want to know how to record and sequence directly into logic.  I want to sample my drums into logic and play everything directly into logic.  How do I set this up?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2010 @ 03:23 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Perhaps you want to post this in the Logic forum here, where you will find others who use Logic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2010 @ 01:13 PM
wtbusiness
Total Posts:  86
Joined  12-09-2007

I am trying to reach out to people on here that use the same set up as I do.  I have reached out to ppl like dreamflight.  He uses the same set up as I do.  I am just trying to find a faster and a better way to get what I need done.  As I said the FW driver is working.  I don’t know what all it is suppose to do.  It records audio, and I see that it recognizes midi.  I don’t want to sequence on the motif then have to track everything in.  That slows down my process.  I want to be able to record directly into logic and sequence my drums in logic.

I will try to email dreamflight and see what he says.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2010 @ 09:08 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

See my answer to your posts here: http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/447914/P15/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2010 @ 06:13 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008
wtbusiness - 21 February 2010 01:13 PM

… the FW driver is working.  I don’t know what all it is suppose to do.  It records audio, and I see that it recognizes midi.  I don’t want to sequence on the motif then have to track everything in.  That slows down my process.  I want to be able to record directly into logic and sequence my drums in logic.

The key thing to realise here is that mLAN is an interface for MIDI and audio, but not a replacement for other functions such as a sequencer.

Logic has a sequencer in it, as does the XS. You can record your MIDI performances into MIDI tracks in Logic using the mLAN MIDI interface to send the note data you are playing into Logic (just as you can using the USB MIDI interface, or the old-fashioned MIDI interfaces if your soundcard supports them).

You can record audio directly into Logic by routing one or more parts in the sequencer (or a Performance) to one or more mLAN outputs instead of the main L/R outputs and then recording the audio in Logic by selecting the corresponding mLAN input on the track you are recording.

You can also do this while simultaneously recording MIDI on an external instrument track in Logic.

Motif8mine has written a number of tutorials and posts on sequencing MIDI into Logic. Note that even if you record MIDI into Logic you will still need to record the audio from the XS at some point if you want to create CDs or MP3s of your work. Recording the MIDI first means you can use the editing facilities inside whichever sequencer you use to clean it up first of course.

Df.

[ Ignore ]