mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "motif xs6 in Logic 9"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: February 20, 2010 @ 11:33 AM
dj_adam21
Total Posts:  42
Joined  06-14-2009

Sorry wasn t home for a while ....but yes that was the problem the port it wasn t checked thank you motif8mine for helping me out :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2010 @ 01:42 PM
wtbusiness
Total Posts:  86
Joined  12-09-2007

You may want to download the FW driver.  Tech support for yamaha said that that is the latest version.  I use logic too.  I am coming to the realization the it may be easier to set up the motif with Cubase, but Cubase if foreign to me.  I still have to learn how to use it.  Logic is so much faster, because I know how to use it.  I am trying to speed up my work flow.  I want to record directly into logic with my motif.  I don’t know if the FW driver is capable of doing this.  I know that it can be done.  I just can not get a response on how to do it. Its like a catch 22.  I try to get the the two things to sync and one company refers me to the other.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2010 @ 09:07 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

A Motif XS6 is not equipped with mLAN and as such downloading the FW driver is not applicable unless one has upgraded the unit. Secondly, you would need to name the particular FW driver that you are using. As all of them have different setups in that the ports appear differently within Logic. As for the setup of Firewire Drivers and Logic, I can assure you that there are no more difficult to setup than within Cubase. Perhaps even, less so…

I have written two Tutorials in this forum: one for the setup of the AI Driver and Logic 8 and another for the YSFW and Logic 9. Either of these tutorials would walk you through the proper setup of the drivers and recording both audio and MIDI within Logic itself…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2010 @ 02:01 AM
wtbusiness
Total Posts:  86
Joined  12-09-2007

I think that i have the FW driver working.  I can record from the motif into Logic.  My issue is that I want to improve my workflow.  I want to record audio and midi directly into Logic without having to sequence everything on the motif.  This would greatly enhance my workflow.  There is not a lot of description about what the FW driver is supposed to do.  Is the FW driver even capable of doing this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2010 @ 02:39 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

yes, and as mentioned, look up whichever tutorial applies to you…

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2