mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Any way to run XS as a plugin inside Logic?"

Posted on: January 24, 2010 @ 10:47 PM
pianokim
Total Posts:  810
Joined  02-09-2003

In the same manner as i.e. the Virus TI.

-Kim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2010 @ 01:22 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Have no idea how the Virus TI functions or, what it is for that matter… As it relates to the mLAN equiiped XS within Logic, Review The Following Post

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2010 @ 09:00 AM
pianokim
Total Posts:  810
Joined  02-09-2003

I was thinking along the lines of what Korg offers for their M3 and M50 ( which is basically same deal as what comes with the Virus TI )

‘The M50-88 is bundled with an editor/librarian for use on any suitable Mac or PC with a USB port. Loading the software took me just moments, and after the required reboot I connected the synth to the Macbook Pro on which I’m writing this review, double-clicked on the standalone version of the editor and, without any messing around with MIDI or USB drivers voila! Once the data in the editor and the synth had synchronised to one another (which takes a minute or two) I was able to edit the M50-88 using large, clear screens that made everything quicker and easier. Now, I could simply select something such as the graphic representation of an envelope parameter, or a filter’s cutoff and resonance, and drag it to a new value. Fabulous!
As well as in standalone form, Korg also supply the editor as AU, VST and RTAS plug-ins. You can’t run multiple instances simultaneously, so I closed the standalone version and loaded the AU into my chosen environment, Plogue Bidule. It worked. I then closed the AU and loaded the VST. Again, everything performed as it should. Next, I loaded my favourite computer-based sequencer, Digital Performer 5, and created a new project. Adding a virtual instrument track, I loaded the M50 Editor, selected appropriate I/O and, as before, the editor screen appeared. When configured like this, the M50-88 becomes a 16-part multitimbral plug-in that takes advantage of all of DP’s advanced features (such as automation), but demands none of the computer’s CPU power.’

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 64 BIT UPDATE AVAILABLE!
Next Topic:

motif xs6 in Logic 9 ››