mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "how do you get USR Banks 1,2,3 from motif XS in Logic Pro 9?"

Posted on: December 04, 2009 @ 10:02 AM
fctwente
Total Posts:  66
Joined  11-26-2009

I was wondering if someone knows how to get the User Banks from XS7 into logic Pro 9? so that I can record my own saved vioces in the USR’s in Logic!

right now, I can only record with the voices already programmed in the XS7 like the Piano, Organ, Strings.

Can someone help me with this?

many thanks

fctwente

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2009 @ 11:59 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

I was wondering if someone knows how to get the User Banks from XS7 into logic Pro 9?

I thought I knew what you want to do until you added this…

so that I can record my own saved vioces in the USR’s in Logic!

right now, I can only record with the voices already programmed in the XS7 like the Piano, Organ, Strings.

It is not possible to be able to record Preset Voices but, not User Voices. If you can record one kind of voice, you can record any kind of voice…

I’m going to foolishly presume that you are talking about adding and saving voices that you have edited in the Logic environment that you can recall the voices via Logic- Big Presumption. Here’s how…

Open either a new project or your template. Press Command (Apple Key) + 8 to open the Environment. Select Midi Instrument from the pull down menu… Egs. #1

Double-click your multi-instrument to open the Device Name Edit Window. Egs. #2

Navigate to the proper bank… Egs. #3

OPTION #1: If you are trying to replace entire banks… and select options > ‘Cut All Names’… Egs. #4

You will need to find the User Bank in a text file (search the forum), copy and paste voice names from the text or Sonar .ins file into the Logic’s environment.

Option #2: If you are attempting to change a few voices at a time- find the voice that you replaced, double-click on it and type in your corrected voice name… Egs. #5

Finally,

Return to Logic and in the Device Name Window select: options > paste all names… Save as your template. Open it when starting new projects…

Of course, if this is not what you are looking for, please clarify

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2009 @ 12:12 PM
fctwente
Joined  11-26-2009

Can you send the message one more time, I can’t see it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2009 @ 12:32 PM
fctwente
Joined  11-26-2009

I have another problem in logic,in the environment: when I double click multi-instrument to open the device name edit window, the window shows up, but directly then it dissapears, so I cannot work on it. How do I solve this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2009 @ 01:43 PM
fctwente
Joined  11-26-2009

this is not what I’m looking for, I will clarify.

Right now I’m using your MLANXS8 environment in Logic, this works great with all the instruments I can choose from XS in logic. I’m recording 16 different tracks now in Logic, with the XS7 in Song Mode. Works perfect!

Now the thing:

In logic pro 9, I can only select the preset banks, and not USR 1-3.

So what I would like to do is:

1.Yamaha: I create my own vioce in Yamaha XS and store to USR1 in modus voice store.
2.Logic: I select my own created vioce in logic (which I stored before in XS in USR1), and record it. so is there a possibility to get the USR’s in Logic recognized?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2009 @ 03:36 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

this is not what I’m looking for

Yes, it is exactly what you are looking for…

The User Banks are in fact in the Environment I created. They correspond to the XS’ Bank Numbers. Which means, there are 8 Preset Banks in the XS and three User Banks (9,10, 11).

To select User Bank 1, simply select Bank 9 in the Logic Patch List Window… See attached pic…

when I double click multi-instrument to open the device name edit window, the window shows up, but directly then it dissapears, so I cannot work on it. How do I solve this?

You must trash your Logic Preferences. This should solve the problem…

In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Preferences. Note: The tilde (~) represents your Home folder. Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file from the Preferences folder. (Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this).

Image Attachments
Screen shot 2009-12-04 at 12.28.29 PM.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2009 @ 05:09 PM
fctwente
Joined  11-26-2009

Thanks,

I removed all the files, but the problem is still the same, it’s the same window as in the attacked pic.., actually in the beginning when I started first with logic it worked!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2009 @ 05:18 PM
fctwente
Joined  11-26-2009

With the USR banks I got it! stupid, a little better look and I could solve the problem by my self, I only have to give the vioces in USR a other name.

Many thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2009 @ 06:18 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004
fctwente - 04 December 2009 05:09 PM

Thanks,

I removed all the files, but the problem is still the same, it’s the same window as in the attacked pic.., actually in the beginning when I started first with logic it worked!

Logic should be closed before trashing the prefs; the trash should be emptied before Logic is opened again. It solved my issue…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2009 @ 06:45 PM
fctwente
Joined  11-26-2009

you’re right, it works but then, but now:

I dubble click, and it works! bet then when I close the device name edit window, and try to open it again by dubbel clicking on channel 2, it doesn’t work anymore. So it works only one time....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2009 @ 06:48 PM
fctwente
Joined  11-26-2009

what I saw in library-preferences, after starting up Logic, there we’re already new com.apple.logic.pro.plist file’s made in preferences!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2009 @ 03:34 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Typically, this would be opened by double-clicking the Instrument Icon in the Track header…

[ Ignore ]