mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using Logic with the XS"

Posted on: November 12, 2009 @ 02:31 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008
lilnate2008 - 12 November 2009 03:35 AM

@Dreamflight it seems like we have the exact same setup. (Mac, Logic Pro --i have version 8, and an apogee duet) I was wondering… what is the best way to set up mLan recording in logic??

I use Logic Pro 9 and I never used Logic 8 so I don’t know if it is the same but what I do is assign track inputs to mLAN channels coming from the XS and assign track outputs to the Apogee Duet.

This way I monitor my mix via the duet, so there is no audio being sent back to the XS.

Alternatively (or if Logic 8 doesn’t let you select different audio devices for input and output) you can set the track outputs to mLAN and send that audio back to the XS.

I do it the first way as I like to add my send/return FX using Logic plugins (I’m a big fan of Aether reverb) rather than the XS effects.

When I master, I actually route everything to the built-in S/P DIF on the Mac Pro, which is connected to the S/P DIF input on my TC Electronics Finalizer 96k which in turn is connected to an Alesis Masterlink mastering recorder. That said, bouncing everything to a PCM file in Logic gives excellent results.

I always have a limiter set up on my master output in Logic, with a setting of -0.5dB as I find that gives the best results on output files.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2009 @ 02:17 AM
lilnate2008
Total Posts:  39
Joined  11-11-2009

THX! I will give this setup a try!

[ Ignore ]