mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "sustain notes in logic?"

Posted on: October 06, 2009 @ 03:32 AM
darkstar_outcast
Total Posts:  250
Joined  02-20-2008

Hello,

I am using motif xs 6 with logic 8 . When I am recording,I am in song mode on motif.And when I record channel 1 for example,when I stop recording,last note on motif remains sustained.I must then change preset on motif (to send note off message).

How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2009 @ 10:34 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Are you saying that this is an ongoing occurence? can you replicate it in a new project?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2009 @ 08:38 PM
darkstar_outcast
Joined  02-20-2008

yes

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2009 @ 11:26 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Are you using the sustain pedal? By that I mean, if you open the event editor and view one of the tracks. is your last Control #64, at value 127 or 0. That is, if you stop recording with the pedal depressed, the notes will continue to sustain…

It’s hard for me at the moment to think of anything else. Have you set up the XS in Audio MIDI Setup as per many of the XS6, Logic 8 posts in this forum?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2009 @ 09:00 PM
darkstar_outcast
Joined  02-20-2008

sustain pedal is even not plugged in motif :)

what do you mean by midi setup as per many… ?
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2009 @ 06:15 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

I’m am referring to any of the posts here in this forum on recording a XS6 into Logic 8 via USB (MIDI)… If you are not using a sustain pedal (kind of unsual) and this is a recurring problem, I would:

1) Examine the length of the notes in the Event Editor to see if somehow the last notes are too long…

2) Still check the event editor for CC64 messages…

3) Try trashing Logic Studio Preferences… See below- copied from Apple Site

In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Preferences. Note: The tilde (~) represents your Home folder. Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file from the Preferences folder. (Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this).

If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2009 @ 01:21 PM
axxe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  03-20-2009

I have this problem as well...long time since ive recorded with the xs sounds though....ive talked too many people who have had this problem..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2009 @ 08:14 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

If things are properly setup this of course should not be occurring. The first course of action is always to verify that there are no midi ‘loops’ in your system…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ downsouth beats
Next Topic:

01cmau110.zip !!! ››