mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "downsouth beats"

Posted on: September 25, 2009 @ 01:16 AM
wreckhouseproducer
Total Posts:  54
Joined  02-17-2008

hello all

coming over from a mpc where i used the mpcs sliders to get that southern feel on a track in terms of getting those kicks hi-hats and snares going how we hear on a southern track, i wanted to know how do i get that same affect in logic? so logic have something for that? it appears to me that the piano roll would offer that but i havent quite figured it out

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2009 @ 09:29 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Can you maybe post a mp3 example. What parameter do the sliders of the MPC control?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2009 @ 09:01 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Yes, exactly - I have no idea what “how we hear on a southern track” means. Were you expecting us to know? imagine if I’d writen a post that said ”can someone advise me on how to get the sound that we hear on Northern tracks?” ...

... would that have made any sense to you?!

Df.

PS: I was tempted to say that Logic doesn’t support southern tracks, and that a patch is expected soon, but if I did that without explaining it was a joke then I’m sure someone would have added it to a detailed analysis containing a list of features Logic doesn’t support! :-p

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ using external sounds
Next Topic:

sustain notes in logic? ››