mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "LOGIC PRO 9 IS HERE!"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: July 31, 2009 @ 05:09 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Installing as I type! :)

This is gonna be goood. Real, real, good…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2009 @ 05:41 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

The last Logic upgrade busted you in the face. For half the price of Logic 7 and another $800 savings in the Jam Packs and SoundTrack Pro, it gave you Mainstage and a whole host of other new features and functionality.

This one will not do that. It looks like someone allowed their car to be taken out for a ‘pimp my ride’ and it comes back a little shinier but, with the same wheels, piant job, etc…

That is, until you open up the hood and see about 900HP sitting where 150hp used to…

After my extreme frustration getting this installed and further frustration of finding most of my key commands changed, Logic 9 is growing on me faster than Usain Bolt runs a 100 meters…

These are not necessarily the best new features, just the ones I appreciate most… And, not in any particular order… Except maybe #1

1) I can now use mLAN’s inputs but choose a separate Audio Interface for the Output. This is huge for me…

2) The Amp Designer separate Pedalboard rock. As a suppressed guitarist, I’m excited about picking up my ax again…

3) Tab to rename next channel strip in Mixer. Huge time saver…

4) Group solo & Group hide in the Arrange area. I’ve wanted this for ages!

5) Enhanced Automatic naming of Channel Strip Objects - Patch names from software instruments are now (as an option) copied to the Mixer and Environment Channel Strips.

6) Track Notes in the Mixer & Project Notes. Also, Notes area in Media/Lists area (can display Project/Track notes). And, Track Notes in the Mixer. Convenient and much needed…

7) Convert Audio Region to Sampler Instrument.Going to be very useful

8) Channel Strips now have a mono output option. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve dealt with the frustration of recording a bass guitar or bass drum in mono only to have the work undone by adding a channel strip assignment…

9) Flex Time (Elastic Audio equivalent). Great resolution for many of the Audio recording timing issues discussed here…

10) Audio Quantize

[color=blue]11) Drum Tracks Editing & Drum Replacer[/color

Anyway, the software instruments pretty much remain untouched etc, but my workflow is going to be greatly, greatly enhanced which makes the update a steal for me… Also the MIDI Sync is touted to be far superior in this upgrade… And, I haven’t even gotten into Mainstage yet…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 15, 2009 @ 06:57 PM
HappyHarryNET
Total Posts:  488
Joined  12-10-2006

i use Yamaha’s 01X mixing console with Logic8 and my version 9 is on the way, but i don’t expect any changes with regards to 01X.

i record my instruments/samples and build the arrangement in Logic. then via 01X i group the instruments and create fader_groups. any single track [instrument] volume can be adjusted by momentarily breaking the fader_group, adjust the channel and reset the fader_group.

in the case where a specific instrument track requires constant attention with regards to its volume in relation to the overall mix, i will copy and paste the track to the arranger, then remix and record the automation until i get it right, which isn’t difficult to begin with, at least when using 01X.

p.s. in this example, i also leave the original track in the fader_group and mute it. it’s handy to have it there when i wish to return to that original fader_group and start over from scratch. also, i haven’t experienced any system resource issues by doing this, providing you bus your FX routing properly.

HHNET

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 15, 2009 @ 07:03 PM
HappyHarryNET
Total Posts:  488
Joined  12-10-2006
motif8mine - 06 August 2009 05:41 PM

3) Tab to rename next channel strip in Mixer. Huge time saver…

agreed. i put this function on a dedicated button on 01X.

thanks for posting some of the new features of Logic9,
looks exciting!

HHNET

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2009 @ 03:39 PM
mscialfa
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-10-2009

How do i get my Motif XS8 into a multi-timbral mode so i record & playback multi tracks in Logic Studio 9 midi sequencer?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2009 @ 12:27 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

mscialfa,
Hello!. I’m not sure whether you are referring to MIDI, Audio or Both. But let me suggeswt the following:

motif8mine - 12 September 2009 11:45 PM

This LOGIC PRO 8, MLAN TUTORIAL was created specifically for the XS8 and the AI Driver. That said, it will walk you through the essentials of how to record audio into Logic 8.

What is necessary is that you understand the following: I give specific instructions of the settings to make in the XS, you will need to find their ES equivalent. The pictures, etc… that refer to the AI Driver, Port Names, Number of Ports, Driver Names, etc… will all appear different if you are using another driver.

It is now recommended that you utilize the Yamaha-Steinberg Firewire Driver (YSFW). Here is a brief explanation of how those Ports will appear…

The Motif XS8 Main Port is to receive from and transmit to the XS. So to control it, select that Port and the MIDI Channel that corresponding to the XS’ Instrument Track that you want to record / trigger… Repeat per track and per channel as necessary. The Motif XS8 MIDI Out Port transmits any Tone Generator or External Synth connected to the MIDI Out of the XS via MIDI Cable. Select the Port and Channel as above. If you choose this Port, it will not trigger the XS!

The Motif XS8 Remote Port is used for remote control of Logic via the XS. You NEVER select it from the Library! But we need to set the XS to control Logic and Logic to receive the remote commands as follows… First the XS, [UTILITY], [F5] Control, [SF1] Remote and set DAW Type to “Logic”.  Now in Logic, from the Toolbar>Preferences>Control Surfaces Setup. A window opens. Click on the Logic Control and set both the Out Port and Input to ‘Remote’…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2009 @ 07:30 PM
mscialfa
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-10-2009

Thanx for your help, i was just referring to MIDI. Using the USB driver.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2009 @ 08:34 PM
billkeller
Total Posts:  943
Joined  07-11-2006

LOL this is funny real funny...i tried to read some facts about logic 9 and what do i see? tiger woods cheerleader wowing owing about logic! hahaha.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2