mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need help getting Logic to send bank changes to my S90ES"

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 01:35 PM
teebow62
Total Posts:  9
Joined  07-14-2009

Hi I am a newbie at this but I have bought me a S90ES and I am very happy with it.

I record through Logic Pro 7 & 8 via Midi through my unitor 8 midi time piece.

I have spent the good part of a week to write all the different banks within the S90ES into the Logic Midi environment by creating a multi-instrument for each bank. 

If I have the corresponding bank chosen in multi mode on the S90ES I can then see the patches scroll through as I select them within Logic. 

I would now like to know how I can get Logic to talk to the S90ES with a view to switching those banks from within it like I can do with my proteus 2000, without having to go and touch the S90ES.

If there is already an environment page that someone has done with the bank switching already in it great just tell me where to go.

If not then any help would be great at this point.  Thanx ahead of time for any help you may choose to give on this matter.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 02:03 PM
freekey58
Total Posts:  37
Joined  11-15-2008

I have spent the good part of a week to write all the different banks within the S90ES into the Logic Midi environment by creating a multi-instrument for each bank.

In my setup (Logic Express / Motif XS), i created one multi-instrument with all banks defined.
Logic tells the XS what patch/ bank to choose if you check the button right next to “Program” in the Inspector. When defined right, you should see two numbers next to the button, one for the bank, and one for the patch.
I presume you set your midi-ports right?

Grtz

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 02:54 PM
teebow62
Total Posts:  9
Joined  07-14-2009

thank you for your reply why is there little refrence when talking about the S90ES to its actual name it seems to be always refered to as something else such as xs or the motive ES. I find it a bit frustrating when trying to get spacific info on it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 04:28 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I moved your post to the “Logic” forum here on Motifator… or even better, you may want to post your S90 ES related questions at the dedicated site for S90 ES issues:

http://www.sninety.com

You will find that you are already registered in the forums of that site.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 10:31 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Here are the basics of creating an environment. It was in answer to an XS question but, the principle is the same…

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/442527/

peace…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2009 @ 10:42 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Y’all so,
check out this post. This guy (Dr88Keyz) apparently posted an S90es Environment… (It’s under his name as an attachment)

[ Ignore ]