mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150-AN questions.."

Posted on: July 11, 2009 @ 05:55 PM
quicksilverXP
Total Posts:  5
Joined  06-24-2009

I had some questions regarding the PLG150-AN board in my ES.  I love the sound of it so far… but I’m really not liking the presets whatsoever.

I play live mostly, so I’m in Song mode most of the time (for splits and layers across two different keyboards.) This means that I will be using mostly Plug-in voices from the PLG150AN… and Yamaha only gives you 64 blank spaces.  I understand they also give you 64 plug-in voice presets.

My question is if there is anyway to change those 64 presets using the editor (I haven’t installed it yet because I have to install Windows XP on another partition in order to get it to work.  I currently have Vista).  Or am I just only stuck with 64 slots for User plug-in voices.

And if I get another PLG150AN and use it in “Polyexpand” mode… do I still only have 64 blank plug-in user voices… or does the other 64 slots open up?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 12, 2009 @ 06:59 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
quicksilverXP - 11 July 2009 05:55 PM

I had some questions regarding the PLG150-AN board in my ES.  I love the sound of it so far… but I’m really not liking the presets whatsoever.

I play live mostly, so I’m in Song mode most of the time (for splits and layers across two different keyboards.) This means that I will be using mostly Plug-in voices from the PLG150AN… and Yamaha only gives you 64 blank spaces.  I understand they also give you 64 plug-in voice presets.

My question is if there is anyway to change those 64 presets using the editor (I haven’t installed it yet because I have to install Windows XP on another partition in order to get it to work.  I currently have Vista).  Or am I just only stuck with 64 slots for User plug-in voices.

And if I get another PLG150AN and use it in “Polyexpand” mode… do I still only have 64 blank plug-in user voices… or does the other 64 slots open up?

Thanks.

Preset voices are not exchangable. They are presets as their name said. When you put plug-in board in ES, it automaticaly call preset voices already installed in ES depending on slot in which you put that board. At that time, plugin user voices are empty.
You could only change your board voices via AN Editor, eg. those that are not presets. Those voices which reside in board memory you could save/load via Plugin bulk function in File menu of ES. With AN Editor you could create completely new AN voice, but without Motif powerfull effects. If you wish to use insert effects, than you should copy those voices to plug-in user locations, which are in Motif RAM memory. There are 64 memory locations for each of three slots. So, if you add one more AN board you will have two times 64 AN Plg User voices available and also you will have 10 notes polyphony instead of 5 notes with only one board (in Polyexpand mode obviosly).

Alex

P.S. Your post is more suitable for Plugin board forum.

[ Ignore ]