mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "sticky motif keys..pls help..!!"

Posted on: July 09, 2009 @ 04:08 PM
gaggy87
Total Posts:  87
Joined  08-02-2006

My motif keys feel too sticky..!! I do clean them with cotton dipped in warm water almost every alternate day, wash my hands before I play but the result - the same sticky feeling.!
I can’t even slide my fingers smoothly on the keys and it has made me feel so sick, I don’t even sit on my key these days..!!
What do I do ? Change the entire set of keys ? and BTW, my motif is 4 years old..Thnx in advance..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2009 @ 07:52 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

It is possible you are cleaning the keys way too much. They should not have to be cleaned (maybe once every 6 months depending on how much you use it) if you are washing your hands and keeping the keyboard covered when not in use.

What you could try is applying a very light oil (mineral) to a rag and wipe the keys with it SPARINGLY to give you an extremely light coat. Furniture polish like lemon Pledge may work also. AGAIN spray lightly on a cloth...not directly on the keys.

From that point forward...clean the keys with a smooth dry cloth...no water. Use water ONLY when there is dirt or sludge that cannot be removed with a dry cloth.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2009 @ 12:49 AM
gaggy87
Total Posts:  87
Joined  08-02-2006

27 views and 1 replies..he! he! ..thnx a ton..!! appreciate it..:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2009 @ 08:41 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
gaggy87 - 09 July 2009 04:08 PM

My motif keys feel too sticky..!! I do clean them with cotton dipped in warm water almost every alternate day, wash my hands before I play but the result - the same sticky feeling.!
I can’t even slide my fingers smoothly on the keys and it has made me feel so sick, I don’t even sit on my key these days..!!
What do I do ? Change the entire set of keys ? and BTW, my motif is 4 years old..Thnx in advance..

My advice: I’m using soft microfiber cloth (without water or any other cleaning stuff!) and I’m cleaning my ES every time after playing. After that and when I’m not playing, ES is covered with dust cover I’ve bought at Motifator shop. Just to clarify, I’ve used that approach several years ago. I have accordion that I’ve played since 1977 and the keys are in the same condition as the first day! BTW, I’ve played at that times (since I was in a musical school) almost 5-6 hours per day.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Start Recording touchin Key
Next Topic:

Loading Drum Samples On Motif ES ››