mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Playing a Performance in Song or Pattern Mode"

Posted on: July 05, 2009 @ 07:30 PM
PAULBROWNAP63
Total Posts:  52
Joined  07-08-2008

Here’s what I need to pull off if anyone can help me.

I’ve created a performance using 4 voices, some of which I’ll be layering & unlayering using the sliders at different points in a song.

I know you can copy a performance to a pattern or song which is great. 

Is there a way to play & control my performance layers within each pattern/song?

Right now I all can seem to play is one sound at a time in Pattern or song mode.

Finally if the above is possible, can I turn all this into a MASTER preset…

Thanks again for all the help

Paul
PS. I did just get the Complete guide DVD & shedding on that now but really running against the clock to pull all this together quick.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2009 @ 09:52 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
PAULBROWNAP63 - 05 July 2009 07:30 PM

Here’s what I need to pull off if anyone can help me.

I’ve created a performance using 4 voices, some of which I’ll be layering & unlayering using the sliders at different points in a song.

I know you can copy a performance to a pattern or song which is great. 

Is there a way to play & control my performance layers within each pattern/song?

From your post I suppose that you would like to play like you are in Performance mode, but with some instruments more? If not, I don’t know the reason why you should play performance through Song/Pattern except you wish to record your playing.

Right now I all can seem to play is one sound at a time in Pattern or song mode.

Finally if the above is possible, can I turn all this into a MASTER preset…

You could set the same MIDI channel in Song/Pattern for all 4 voices using in Performance ([F3]Track,[SF1]Channel),Out Ch), but it is better to do it through Master.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2009 @ 12:00 PM
PAULBROWNAP63
Joined  07-08-2008

Thanks again for the insight Alex.

Well here’s where I’m at now.
direction
I’ve just created both a Pattern & Song and copied my performance over to both.

The good news is I can play all four sounds @ the same time:)

The bad news is I haven’t figured out a way to unlink the four sounds to have seperate control over each voice using all 4 faders:(

Right now when I move Fader/Zone 1 it moves all four faders.  Man you’d think it’d be easier but at least it’s one step in the right direction.

To clarify my ultimate goal:  During a live gig I need have a sequence playing various parts while sending a click out to my drummer on a separate output but at the same time having independent fader access to the four voices I built in performance mode.

Unfortunately the DVD doesn’t get that deep.

Thanks again

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2009 @ 12:55 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007
PAULBROWNAP63 - 06 July 2009 12:00 PM

To clarify my ultimate goal:  During a live gig I need have a sequence playing various parts while sending a click out to my drummer on a separate output but at the same time having independent fader access to the four voices I built in performance mode.

Well, now it is more clear what you need.
You should do this:
1) Copy your performance (as you already did) to song/pattern tracks 1-4.
2) Change MIDI channels for voices from performance (press Mixing, press Edit, press Track1 to select Part 01, press F1 VOICE, press SF2 MODE). On that screen you could see that all your voices for performance have the same MIDI channel 1. In that case, when you move fader 1 you will change volume on all 4 channels simultaneosly. Change ReceiveCh to 1, 2, 3, 4 on parts 1, 2, 3, 4.
3) On track 5 create MIDI click for your drummer and set as output channel (Mixing mode, [F2] OUTPUT, [SF3] SELECT (Output Select), asL). Also connect that output to Assignable output jack Left.

Now you could start sequencer and play on one of first 4 tracks from performance, still having direct effect on 4 channel volume with 4 faders.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2009 @ 07:38 PM
PAULBROWNAP63
Joined  07-08-2008

Hi Alex

I found an 8Gig Flash memory kit on ebay but I thought you could fit only 1 gig max in the ES7? Can you please verify this for me?

Thanks

Paul

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 16, 2009 @ 11:30 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007
PAULBROWNAP63 - 15 July 2009 07:38 PM

Hi Alex

I found an 8Gig Flash memory kit on ebay but I thought you could fit only 1 gig max in the ES7? Can you please verify this for me?

Thanks

Paul

Well, I’m using 1Gb USB sticks and SD cards via USB2SD reader and have a backup and library of ALL files on PC. You could also use USB hard drives, but all should be formated as FAT16 or just FAT and not to FAT32 or NTFS in order to be recognized by ES.
You should check compatibility list at http://www.yamahasynth.com to find is this stick is compatible. I think that 2Gb is limit in ES for flash drives.

Alex

[ Ignore ]