mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MotifES PLG150VL convert PLEASE HELP"

Posted on: June 29, 2009 @ 06:43 PM
fantomzis
Total Posts:  3
Joined  06-29-2009

can someone help me please and tell me is there any chance to convert from Yamaha9000Pro sounds for PLG150VL card .xvc file into MotifES for PLG150VL
I tried everything I could think off totally without luck
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2009 @ 06:47 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
fantomzis - 29 June 2009 06:43 PM

can someone help me please and tell me is there any chance to convert from Yamaha9000Pro sounds for PLG150VL card .xvc file into MotifES for PLG150VL
I tried everything I could think off totally without luck
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Although this question is for Plugin boards forum, I would at first ask you did you mean board or plug-in voices? Since board voices are edited on computer via VLEditor software, they are not dependent on mothership synth (in your case 9000pro).
According to my knowledge of VL (I have it in my ES), you should check native parameters and applied effects for particular voice, since Plug-in user voices are board voices with some or none offsets to native board parameters and applied effect using effect processor.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2009 @ 10:12 AM
fantomzis
Joined  06-29-2009

First of all THANK YOU ALEX for answering me
Let me be more clear
I have Motif ES with PLG150VL card and I bought sounds which have been very nicely done but guy that I bought it from sended me file which is not MotifES format it is for Yamaha9000Pro also with instructins for 9000PRO how to load them on the card
So what I’m asking is there a way to convert this pack of sounds which are only parameters, touch response and so on for PLG150VL card
It would be much easier for me if this guy which I bought that pack from would answer my mails
now Im stuck with this pack which is settings for PLG150VL for another keyboard that I don’t have
Also I can not open this file .xvc with VLVisualEditor which
came with Motif..... acttually I can not open that File even with
XGWorks .....Nothing would open this file

is there a way to convert this file VLsounds.xvc into Motif ES
so it would end with VLsounds.W2B or something like that so I could load it into my Motif
once again Thank you Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2009 @ 12:28 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Well, I’m now realize the thing. Since I have a little knowledge of PSR keyboard, I tried to find the info for PSR9000pro. I think that there is no way to convert these files. They are shipped with PSR9000pro and only could be edited via PSR Manager (function integrated in PSR9000pro, see page 66 of the manual: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Documents/KeyboardsDMI/9000pro.pdf). But, you should be lucky if you got only that floppy shipped with PSR9000pro (see attached ZIP file), since those voices are already installed in Motif if you plug your board in its slot. I realize that when I open xvc file with Notepad and see the same voice names.

Alex

File Attachments
9000ProPlug_inCustomVoiceDisk.zip  (File Size: 88KB - Downloads: 218)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2009 @ 05:11 PM
fantomzis
Joined  06-29-2009

Thank you Alex I really appriciate what you did for me, Im shocked how much you did to help me and explain to me THE PROBLEM at least I know now that there is no way to keep hopes of getting this ,xvc file into my MotifES which is really shame.... to be honest I bught MotifES because of PLG150VL when I heard demo sound of it .... its realy somethig
once again Thanks alot Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording Vocals into ES8
Next Topic:

ES6 frozen on startup, any advice GREATLY appreciated. ››