mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording Vocals into ES8"

Posted on: June 28, 2009 @ 09:26 PM
VilleFan1
Total Posts:  29
Joined  02-24-2005

Can someone be kind enough to give me the correct steps to record vocals into the ES8. Do I use the Sample+note?

I am trying to record some background harmonies. It is not going too well at this point. Do I need to record the harmony all the way through the song at one time or can I sing the harmony and then skip to the next point and sing a harmony. I keep losing the harmonies after I sing them.

Thnx.

Villefan1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2009 @ 03:55 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Download and read this Power User Document by Bad_Mister regarding Sampling to the Sequencer, in order to get the basic steps. Yes, I would suggest that you use sample + note.

Because a sample is created, activated by a MIDI note at the beginning, you cannot “drop-in” part way through.  Hence you have to do it all in the one take, unless of course you want to create several samples containing the number of different takes you require. However, be aware that, dependant on how much memory you have installed, there is a limit to the amount of sample that the ES can hold.

As to why you keep losing your recording, this is most likely that you are not saving it properly, or maybe it has not even recorded. However, you need to give some more detail on what steps you are taking, but I would suggest you follow the instructions in the Document and let us know how you get on.

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2009 @ 06:16 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
VilleFan1 - 28 June 2009 09:26 PM

Can someone be kind enough to give me the correct steps to record vocals into the ES8. Do I use the Sample+note?

I am trying to record some background harmonies. It is not going too well at this point. Do I need to record the harmony all the way through the song at one time or can I sing the harmony and then skip to the next point and sing a harmony. I keep losing the harmonies after I sing them.

Thnx.

Villefan1

If you have mLAN, it is much easier, since you could record directly to your DAW with VST or Motif effects, etc.
If you record to sampler, you should use Sample+note, but for every point choose another note as keynote (C3, D3, etc. or whatever).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2009 @ 07:26 PM
VilleFan1
Total Posts:  29
Joined  02-24-2005

I appreciate your help very much! It’s still a bit confusing. Man I’ve got a high harmony that goes all the way through the song and I was hoping to be able to do it in parts. Oh well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2009 @ 05:18 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

You can do it in as many parts as you like. Just use ‘sample+note’ as suggested, and repeat for as many parts as you want to do. If you pick a different key on the keyboard for every part (for example ‘C3’ for the first part, ‘D3’ for the second etc.) then you’ll end up with a waveform containing all the parts with each part assigned to a different key.

When you sample you are just creating the audio that is going to be played back when that key is pressed, so you can do it in one long take per part, or lots of short takes per part.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recorded drum track makes no sounds
Next Topic:

MotifES PLG150VL convert PLEASE HELP ››