mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recorded drum track makes no sounds"

Posted on: June 27, 2009 @ 08:58 AM
DrDel
Total Posts:  51
Joined  01-06-2007

This one has me stumped.

I have a song with 6 instrument tracks. That works fine. I want to add a drum track. I chose a clean track and assigned a drum kit. Pressing the ES keys makes the proper drum sounds. I recorded a simple drum track using step record for one measure and copied it to seven more measures. No drum sound. The note events are there in EDIT, but cursoring over them gives no sound. I can still press the ES keys and get sounds. I tried copying the track to another track. No sounds. I tried directly programming the events in EDIT. No sounds. What’s up with that?

There are no program changes or sysex events lurking in any of the tracks, and the only control changes are sustains in the piano track.

I have used drum tracks in many other songs, but the midi file I used started with the track in it. This is the first time I have tried to add one.

While we’re at it, how do I import a midi drum part from another midi file? I have stripped out some small drum segments from other midi files and have them in individual midi’s with only that part, and would like to import those segments into existing songs in the ES. I know how to import an entire midi into a song, but I don’t see how to import one to a particulart track.

Thanks for any help on these questions!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2009 @ 02:04 PM
aarryn
Total Posts:  222
Joined  03-09-2006

As for the first problem you are having, I wish I could be of assistance. You’ve got me stumped as well, and it seems like you’ve already covered a few things that came to my mind right off the bat.

One thing you didn’t mention, though, is whether or not you checked the mutes. I just thought I’d throw that out there because for such a simple thing, it used to get me quite a bit. Also, they could be muted from MIXING mode, which I believe supercedes.

Now, for importing a MIDI drum track, why not load them both and then use JOB mode and just COPY the track over from one song/pattern to the other?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2009 @ 02:23 PM
DrDel
Total Posts:  51
Joined  01-06-2007

You win on both!

I didn’t know there were mutes in BOTH mixing and song mode! I had checked the mutes several times, but I was always in mixing mode. The track was muted in SONG mode. So THANKS for that one.

You also helped on the second problem. I didn’t see before that you could change the song number in JOB > COPY TRACK so that works great, too!

I’ve had my ES for almost 2 years and it still manages to baffle me sometimes, but that’s not hard.

THANKS AGAIN!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2009 @ 02:31 PM
aarryn
Total Posts:  222
Joined  03-09-2006

Nice! :D

Well, glad I was able to help out a fellow user. And you are not alone with being baffled sometimes, which is why I love this site.

[ Ignore ]