mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need help creating an organ patch"

Posted on: June 27, 2009 @ 04:49 AM
RandyMorter
Total Posts:  7
Joined  06-26-2009

Hi from a newbie…

I had a MM6 for about 5 days and then upgraded to an MO6, which I’ve had for 2 days.

I found an organ on the MM6 that I was able to use to get a pretty good B3 sound similar to Deep Purple (not accounting for the playing skills!).

I used the MM6 “Rock Organ” into an onboard overdrive, recorded the audio into Sonar 8 and used a Nubi Spinner leslie simulator.

I can’t find an organ on the MO6 which sounds the same as the original “Rock Organ” on the MM6. Does anyone know how to tweak one of the organs on the MO6 to get close to the same sound as the MM6 “Rock Organ”?

Here’s a quick and dirty recording of the MM6 using the method outlined above to show what it ended up sounding like:

http://www.poppavein.com/mp3/Snippets/Idea_98.mp3

Thanks in advance for your help!

Randy Morter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2009 @ 09:59 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

D13 (Progressy), D14 (Crunchy) is kinda “Deep Purple” sound. You can adject the FX and MFX.

Hope that helps,
D

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2009 @ 05:45 PM
RandyMorter
Total Posts:  7
Joined  06-26-2009

Thanks dcool!

I played around a bit with some of the sounds but in the end I got the “B’s Knees” voice bank.

I’ve sampled most of the 128 patches there and am really happy with them. The Deep Purple stuff seems more over the top than what I hear when I listen to the band (to me it seems like there’s too much overdrive) but I can reduce it if I want. However, there are a lot of other patches with less OD on them that sound closer to what I was looking for. Well worth the $ IMO.

[ Ignore ]