mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using MO8 as the midi controller of NI B4II."

Posted on: June 25, 2009 @ 06:52 PM
wilsonhiroband
Total Posts:  7
Joined  04-20-2009

Hello, I want to know who else uses the MO6/8 to control b4II or some other organ emulator and what your hardware setup is. I am annoyed with the mo and most roland and yamaha keyboards because none of the keyboards have any midi drawbars. The mo does have 4 drawbars, but they are not instantly responsive (you have to move them all the way up or down before they react) and there are not enough to really control a realtime organ rig. Does anyone use external midi devices to add more sliders and other midi controls to the mo? Is there a solution to this, or should I just sell the mo8 and trade it in for a dedicated midi controller like the axiom pro? By the way, native instruments does have a little controller for the B4, but it is 4 or 5 hundred dollars, money which can be used to just buy a better keyboard.

Thanks for your advice,
-Hiro.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2009 @ 11:54 PM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

You might try a BCF2000 if the sliders aren’t too spaced out. I have one but never tried it for drawbars.

I use cubase generic remote to map devices, people say the novation stuff is good because it does some auto mapping things so easier setup may be.

Are you using the mo in DAW mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2009 @ 12:41 AM
wilsonhiroband
Total Posts:  7
Joined  04-20-2009

I am using the mo8 in daw node to control logic pro8 on my macbook. Actually, to segue way into a related topic, how can I assingn midi controls in to the knobs like cutoff in daw remote mode (all of the sliders and knobs seem to only control one paramater like channel strip volume or master volume) and how can I save the midi settings in logic pro without these settings being deleted upon opening a new project.

Thanks for your help,

-Hiro.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2009 @ 12:43 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Pretty cubase centric around here, you probably have to go to some logic forums. The mo does mackie emulation so however logic deals with that or if it can customize it…

You save your configurations in Templates in Cubase, so a new project would be all setup for whatever purpose you have in mind. Logic has something similar if I remember right.

[ Ignore ]