mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Splits in Pattern Mode?"

Posted on: June 23, 2009 @ 08:16 AM
AlfromNH
Total Posts:  4
Joined  08-21-2008

Hi All,

I have a Pattern set up with a keyboard split. I want to do it again, but can’t seem to figure out how- and I can’t find it in the manual either. Any help out there?

Thanks,
Al

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2009 @ 11:47 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

To setup a keyboard split (or layering) in song or pattern, you must edit the mix to setup the desired parts to respond to the same MIDI receive channel and set up the range of notes over which each part is to be played. The specific parameters you need to setup in the mix are as follows:

1. MIDI Receive Channel - this parameter is set in the [PATTERN] (or [SONG])-->[MIXING]-->[EDIT]-->(part number {[1] - [16]})-->[F1] VOICE-->[SF2] MODE dialogs. Set the ReceiveCh parameter for all parts that you wish to be split or layered to the same value - e.g. setting parts 1,2 and 3 to have a MIDI Receive Channel of 1 will cause all 3 parts to respond to the keyboard when part 1 is selected or to any MIDI data recorded to track 1.

2. Note Limits - these parameters (NoteLimitH and NoteLimitL) are set in the [PATTERN] (or [SONG])-->[MIXING]-->[EDIT]-->(part number {[1] - [16]})-->[F1] VOICE-->[SF3] LIMIT dialogs.  (You can also setup the parts to be split and/or layered according to the velocity that a note is played by setting the Velocity Limits in these dialogs.)

Don’t forget to store your editing mix to your song or pattern by pressing [STORE] and to save the song or pattern to external storage prior to powering off your MO.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 23, 2009 @ 01:25 PM
AlfromNH
Total Posts:  4
Joined  08-21-2008

I’ll be on that tonight- thanks for the help!

Al

[ Ignore ]