mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MO8 Device map"

Posted on: June 21, 2009 @ 09:20 AM
wizzywizz
Total Posts:  47
Joined  06-19-2009

Hello there!

Does anyone have a good Cubase 5 device map for the MO8 which I can import in the MIDI Device Manager?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Giljam

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2009 @ 10:29 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Your talking about a patch script? So you can select voices?
or a drum map so you can have certain sounds for certain notes?

I find it easier to select a voice on the mo then record the patch change on the track. That’s if I don’t want to have studio connections in the project. Studio Connections is the way to go though if you want to select a voice from cubase.

http://www.studioconnections.org/download/index.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2009 @ 05:30 AM
wizzywizz
Total Posts:  47
Joined  06-19-2009
Tacman7 - 21 June 2009 10:29 AM

Your talking about a patch script? So you can select voices?
or a drum map so you can have certain sounds for certain notes?

I find it easier to select a voice on the mo then record the patch change on the track. That’s if I don’t want to have studio connections in the project. Studio Connections is the way to go though if you want to select a voice from cubase.

http://www.studioconnections.org/download/index.html

Hi there Tacman7,

Thank you for the information! The studiomanager? I have installed it and it is working (correct midi settings etc.). Could you give me some insights as to how to use this tool/ the MO8 i.c.w. Cubase in the most optimal way? The problem is, I want to know everything at once, but did not take into account the fact that a MO8 and Cubase is A LOT :-)
I’ve created some performances with some layers etc. and would like to be able to record this in Cubase. Can stuff like muting of layers, switching of instruments, etc. also be recorded in a midi track? Currently if I record my performance and for instance mute part 3 (the strings) this doesn’t seem te get recorded in Cubase. I am looking for some sort of mix of live playing and recording capabilities.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Giljam

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ What USB cable do I use?
Next Topic:

How to gradually increase tempo in the sequencer ››