mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Performance copy to Pattern, record Arp."

Posted on: June 20, 2009 @ 10:47 PM
Total Posts:  60
Joined  12-08-2006

When I copy a Performance with drum arppegio into a Pattern. Record a Pattern (the performance with it"s ARP using RecArp.) I then turn OFF the Arp button. Press play and ALL tracks play the drum ARP. Sounds horrible. What step am I missing here?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2009 @ 09:26 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
6281 - 20 June 2009 10:47 PM

When I copy a Performance with drum arppegio into a Pattern. Record a Pattern (the performance with it"s ARP using RecArp.) I then turn OFF the Arp button. Press play and ALL tracks play the drum ARP. Sounds horrible. What step am I missing here?

Performance mode is 4 instrument layer on only one MIDI channel. Pattern/Song mode are 16 channel MIDI modes. So, when you copy performance to Pattern or Song, all instruments from performance mode are on 4 tracks, but still are on MIDI channel 1. You should change this in Mix/Edit and select track 1. Than press [F1]Voice, [SF2]Mode and change ReceiveCh to 2,3,4 as desired.
See Power User guide Recording Performances for more info.

Alex

File Attachments
RecordingPerformances.pdf  (File Size: 159KB - Downloads: 441)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2009 @ 12:17 PM
Total Posts:  60
Joined  12-08-2006

Thanks, it worked

[ Ignore ]