mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "cubase sx 3 voice editor help/faq how to make it work (I did read the manual)"

Posted on: June 14, 2009 @ 04:48 PM
A-Bomb1200
Total Posts:  5
Joined  06-11-2009

Hello Everyone,

New here with a hope that some one can help me before I resort to trading the ES in for something else. I really don’t want to but I desparately need help. I have had this thing for two years now, I have no problems with the board by itself. But as soon as I want to use it with cubase sx3 with the yamaha studio manager,with the multi part editor and the voice editor. somehow i cant setup the right way.

Can somebody provide a step through tutorial for setting up the voice editor & multipart editor with cubase sx3?

Thanks in advance,

Johan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 15, 2009 @ 05:32 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
A-Bomb1200 - 14 June 2009 04:48 PM

Hello Everyone,

New here with a hope that some one can help me before I resort to trading the ES in for something else. I really don’t want to but I desparately need help. I have had this thing for two years now, I have no problems with the board by itself. But as soon as I want to use it with cubase sx3 with the yamaha studio manager,with the multi part editor and the voice editor. somehow i cant setup the right way.

Can somebody provide a step through tutorial for setting up the voice editor & multipart editor with cubase sx3?

Thanks in advance,

Johan

At first, download the latest software version from this site or http://www.yamahasynth.com:
- Studio Manager 2.3,
- MultiPart Editor 2.2,
- VoiceEditor 2.2,
- USB driver 2.22 (suppose you are using XP with SP2).
Install all in the same order, plug your Motif to PC via USB and start Cubase. From Devices menu call Studio Manager and in workspace place MultiEditor and VoiceEditor. Also check ‘set default’ option. Under MIDI setup in Studio Manager set your
MIDI ports/channels
Yamaha-USB-In-1 (or similar name, but port no. 1) to MIDI in
Yamaha-USB-Out-1 to MIDI out.
For remote channel use port 3 (Yamaha-USB-In/Out-3)
and set bulk time to 15ms or 20ms.
In Motif go to Utility mode and press [F4] CTL ASN - [SF4] REMOTE. There you should choose for Mode A ‘Cubase’ from the list and set Port 4, while for Mode B select ‘General’ and port 3. Store your utility settings with Store button!
Than you are ready to go! Check your communication by starting Multi Editor from Studio Manager (you are in Cubase of course)
go to Voice mode in Motif and start Transmit Bulk. You could select for instance only User1 bank for transfer, just to check that everything is set correctly. Than I suggest you to bulk all user banks to have all your voices ready in Studio manager.
Hope that this could help you.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 15, 2009 @ 11:13 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You don’t state whether you are using USB or mLAN for you MIDI connection to your computer… This would be critical information for your setup.

Here is the Behind the Manual article:
Using Studio Connections Recall with a Motif ES

Although this article is written a long time ago (do get the latest versions of all the software, as improvements have been made) it should still serve you well about how it works.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 17, 2009 @ 08:02 AM
A-Bomb1200
Total Posts:  5
Joined  06-11-2009

Thanks alot,

Tonight i will try that setup. I’m on usb. Thinking about Mlan, but first i want the motif proper working with cubase sx3 through usb.

Thanks in advance,

Johan

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Creating custom drum voice to use in pattern mode...
Next Topic:

Pedal Wah effect on ES ››