mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Creating custom drum voice to use in pattern mode…"

Posted on: June 13, 2009 @ 10:35 AM
weight
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06-13-2009

Im having a little trouble so if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated as i have already read through the manual and am having some issues still.....In voice mode i have created a custom drum voice of kicks and saved it to my smart card...i also created a custom drum voice of snares and saved it as well....when i am in pattern mode and i load the kicks it shows up in the drums....so i recorded a kick sequence, but then when i load the snares it takes off the drums ive loaded and replaces my recording with snares instead of kicks and the kicks no longer show up in the drum bank....So my ultimate question here is what is the proper way to create drum voices imported from .wav samples that i may use in pattern mode simultaneously....do you have to overwrite drum voices that are allready on there so they show up on the drum bank or can i add my own user voices to the list....i already have my dimm installed for sampling...any help would be much apprecitated...thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2009 @ 11:34 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

You either need to create one custom drum kit which contains both the snares and the kicks (and any other custom sounds) you want within it (you can after all assign a sample to every key seperately), or you could use two tracks, one with your bass kick set assigned to it, and one with your snares assigned to it.

The first of these is almost certainly the better option. You would store your custom drum kit in a UDR slot.

Page 98 of the user manual has more information on creating a drum kit via sampling.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2009 @ 12:21 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

http://files.keyfax.com/download/DrumKits.pdf
This is the Power User Guide on the subject. Though written for the Classic, it applies to the ES as well.
Hope this helps

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2009 @ 02:11 AM
weight
Joined  06-13-2009
Dreamflight - 13 June 2009 11:34 AM

You either need to create one custom drum kit which contains both the snares and the kicks (and any other custom sounds) you want within it (you can after all assign a sample to every key seperately), or you could use two tracks, one with your bass kick set assigned to it, and one with your snares assigned to it.

The first of these is almost certainly the better option. You would store your custom drum kit in a UDR slot.

Page 98 of the user manual has more information on creating a drum kit via sampling.

Df.

so if i have to store it in a udr slot than i take it that i have to overwrite the sounds that already came on the motif stocked? i know now how to load all the sounds across the keys and what not but i just wanted to make sure that overwriting the other udr slots is the only way to create you own drum voice...thanks for the help…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2009 @ 02:36 AM
weight
Joined  06-13-2009
weight - 14 June 2009 02:11 AM
Dreamflight - 13 June 2009 11:34 AM

Df.

so if i have to store it in a udr slot than i take it that i have to overwrite the sounds that already came on the motif stocked? i know now how to load all the sounds across the keys and what not but i just wanted to make sure that overwriting the other udr slots is the only way to create you own drum voice...thanks for the help…

....well i guess i figured it out....i see now the the kits in the udr slots are just copies of the pdr slots already stocked on the motif so it doesnt matter if you overwrite them because there still going to be on there....so im going to assume this is right...sorry but im new to the motif...any reassurance would still be great....once again thanks for the help…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2009 @ 06:12 AM
Dreamflight
Joined  03-07-2008

That is correct. All USR and PDR slots contain copies of PRE banks by default. You will not lose anything from the factory set by overwriting them!

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2009 @ 03:35 PM
weight
Joined  06-13-2009

already...thanks for the help man..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 14, 2009 @ 07:32 PM
Dreamflight
Joined  03-07-2008

You’re welcome, glad to help where I can :)

Df.

[ Ignore ]