mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New to sampling, need help with piano sounds"

Posted on: June 04, 2009 @ 01:51 PM
okdk
Total Posts:  83
Joined  10-17-2007

I’ve had my ES7 for 2 years or so, love it!!  Use mostly the electric piano sounds, but would like to try to improve on the acoustic piano sounds.  I’ve been playing a S90ES and love the acoustic pianos in it.  I bought the acoustic piano plug in board, the AP board thinking it would be a good help and it sucks!!  Returned it and now looking at possibly getting involved in the sampler to help with this.  I have never used the sampling, so I’m a little afraid it could be more than I can handle, especially acoustic piano.  I wanted to know from those who use the K Sounds piano how involved it is to load and use.  Does it load waves and incorporate them into voices that are ready to play?  Is this different than getting samples from other manufacturers?  Do you need to load this every time you turn on the keyboard?  Like I say, I’m new to sampling, so I’m just not sure what direction to go with.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2009 @ 08:49 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Creating your own piano samples is not for the faint hearted. I would recommend you check out the Store on Motifator.com here, and check out some of the voice sets available for purchase. ES Voice sets are simple to load and contain everything set up for you (obviously you need DIMMs installed in the ES to load sample-based voices, or to create your own samples.)

All sample-based voices (ie: those that do not use ROM waveforms) need to be reloaded every time you reboot the ES as the DIMM memory loses its contents when you power down.

Personally, (and pianos are a very personal preference) I never really found a piano sound that worked for me on the ES, but check out the store, listen to the demos and see if you find one you like.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ distorted sound when load samples?
Next Topic:

Anyone else had any experience with this?? ››