mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sustain pedal issue"

Posted on: June 03, 2009 @ 12:46 PM
lbizzel
Total Posts:  18
Joined  10-21-2008

Hello,

I actually have a few different questions to ask regarding my MO6. My first problem is that my sustain pedal is working the opposite way I want it to work - I want it to hold the notes when I press the pedal versus them holding until I press the pedal. Is there a way to correct this? The pedal I have is a Mutec VFP1 which is not the recommended FC4 or FC5, is this the problem?

Second (and related to the first question), I also have an ES Rack that I run through another controller keyboard (Studiologic SL990) and when I run MIDI “OUT” from the SL to the MO6 “IN” and “THRU” from the MO6 to “IN” on the rack, the sustain pedal controls both and works the way I want as described above. BUT, when I play the SL, it plays the voices from both units. Is there a way to keep the sustain working this way but keep the voices of each unit separate? I’ve tried reversing the MIDI hook-ups (going to the rack first, then to the MO6) but it still does the same thing.

Lastly, on the MO6, I seem to have a velocity problem with two of the keys. The low “C” either plays loudly when pressed softly, or doesn’t play at all when struck hard. Also, the low “E” plays louder than the other keys even when pressed at the same velocity. What could be causing these problems?

Thanks!
LeRoy

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2009 @ 01:35 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The pedal you have is the wrong polarity to work with the MO. (if you cannot reverse the polarity, why not get an FC4 and enjoy the correct pedal?)

I do not understand the second question (sorry).

Try resetting your MO
Save all your data before doing the following (as it will initialize the unit back to out-of-the-box condition):
Press [UTILITY]
Press [JOB]
Press [ENTER]
Press [YES]

If this does not fix the problem then it is time to have it looked at by an authorized Yamaha service center in your area.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ My post have been deleted?
Next Topic:

M0 8 Pattern Chain Question ››