mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to make drums editing in Multy mode (s90es)"

Posted on: May 29, 2009 @ 10:29 AM
AndreyM
Total Posts:  33
Joined  05-21-2009

Hi All,

I have qustion about s90es drums editing. I can edit voice/elements for any normal voice used in Multy but I can’t find how to edit drum voice deeply. I would like to be able to change particular key - wave sound or pan/adjust particular drum sound with not affecting other sounds in same drum voice. The possibility I found is to edit user drum in Voice mode and then use this modified user drum voice in Multy but it is not so much convinint to swith Voice to Multy and back to make any adjustments. It would be better to make drums adjustments in Multy mode during midi playback from Cubase.

Greatly appreciate any ideas how to do it!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2009 @ 02:00 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Using the ES alone, I do not believe you can edit drum voices as you describe unless you go to voice mode. (The same limitation is true of the XS by the way.)

Drum voices store a large amount of information (consider every key is effectively a voice on it’s own) and the voice edit buffer in MIX mode is not large enough to accommodate all of this information.

However, using a separate computer I believe you can do this as the edits are done outside the XS and transmitted to the synth from the PC/Mac. I cannot give details on this (I do not use an external computer) but I have seen this referred to before by Bad Mister and others.

Df.

[EDIT] - Ahh, my mistake, see correction from Brad below. Yeah, looks like voice mode is what you have to work with. Sorry for any misinformation there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2009 @ 02:33 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002
Dreamflight - 29 May 2009 02:00 PM

However, using a separate computer I believe you can do this as the edits are done outside the XS and transmitted to the synth from the PC/Mac. I cannot give details on this (I do not use an external computer) but I have seen this referred to before by Bad Mister and others.

Df.

I don’t believe this applies to the Motif ES… just the Motif XS.

I think that drum kits can only be edited in voice mode for the ES.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2009 @ 07:32 PM
AndreyM
Total Posts:  33
Joined  05-21-2009

Thank you !

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PreSet Drum Patterns on Motif 6
Next Topic: