mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Double triggering notes from single keypress…is it possible?"

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 11:11 PM
miamigroove
Total Posts:  92
Joined  01-12-2005

I was wondering if anyone could think of a method I could use to double-trigger notes from a single key press. I may not be saying that right… what id like to accomplish for example would be the following: when I play a note it would trigger not only on the initial key press but also on key release as well. Im thinking this would allow me to play 8th notes with 1/4 note lines, etc. the “swing” time determined by how fast i press/release the key. Also, im thinking there might be a way to do this with MIDI, which would be nice to be able to play 8th notes with 1/4 note presses of my PK-5 bass pedal controller as well.

I would guess there must be a way to do it but it seems tricky since the key release is sending MIDI note OFF messages and I dont know how one would get around that.

Any MIDI gurus out there that could share any hints or tips would be most appreciated :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 03:01 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

You can: create a Performance with at least that Voice 2 times.
Set a delay on one of those Voices and there you are.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 05:30 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
miamigroove - 25 May 2009 11:11 PM

I was wondering if anyone could think of a method I could use to double-trigger notes from a single key press. I may not be saying that right… what id like to accomplish for example would be the following: when I play a note it would trigger not only on the initial key press but also on key release as well. Im thinking this would allow me to play 8th notes with 1/4 note lines, etc. the “swing” time determined by how fast i press/release the key. Also, im thinking there might be a way to do this with MIDI, which would be nice to be able to play 8th notes with 1/4 note presses of my PK-5 bass pedal controller as well.

I would guess there must be a way to do it but it seems tricky since the key release is sending MIDI note OFF messages and I dont know how one would get around that.

Any MIDI gurus out there that could share any hints or tips would be most appreciated :)

I know how to do that using Cubase. There you have Transformer, that actualy act as a MIDI filter. So you could even get a MIDI command from a MIDI note send from keyboard! If you wish not to use computer live, you should check some hardware solutions like: http://www.midisolutions.com

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sequencer / ARP Question
Next Topic:

PreSet Drum Patterns on Motif 6 ››