mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sequencer / ARP Question"

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 02:08 PM
Desertwolf
Total Posts:  23
Joined  10-29-2003

Heya Guyz, 2 quick questions (I am too lazy to go find my users manual and look em up) I have a MOTIF ES6..

1. What page can I find how much sequencer memory is being used?

2. I have my ARP / SCENE setup in a song. is there any way to record the ARP program changes realtime, or (and Ths always screws up I dunno why)what page is the setting to record ARP as note. Thanks!

Vince

MOTIF ES6
Cubase LE
Alesis IO|26 Firewire

Image Attachments
studio.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 04:32 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Stop being so lazy, and do something!  :)

1. What page can I find how much sequencer memory is being used?

While in Song or Pattern mode, Just press the Information button under the screen.

2. I have my ARP / SCENE setup in a song. is there any way to record the ARP program changes realtime, or (and Ths always screws up I dunno why)what page is the setting to record ARP as note. Thanks!

Assuming Song mode here, otherwise use Pattern mode and record each arp as a unique section so you can go back, play one over and over, or whatever. But like I said - I assume you are recording a song start to finish in Song mode…

Press Song
Load in your Performance or voice with multiple ARPs in as you normally do.
Press the white record button
Press SF4 Record Arp… Turn the switches to ON

When you record, the arp and any changes you make will be recorded as you played them. On play back, be sure to turn the Arpeggio switch (upper left) OFF.

Save your work and go find your manual. No more freebies!

Have a good holiday.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 05:50 PM
Desertwolf
Total Posts:  23
Joined  10-29-2003

SpongeBob!!

You are the man!!!!

YEs I will quit being lazy, it’s just I am in songwriting mode and didn’t want to break the mood by looking in a manual (Can’t tell you how often THAT happens)....

yeah for question 1, DUH on my part (I usually leave the cursor on the Measure, not the song name).

And BIG help on question 2. Normally I program drums myself, but the presets actually had a good pattern that fit well with the song I am using.

Anyway, thanks for the freebies, you helped me stay in my creative mode!!!

Vincent

Image Attachments
JumpingCalvinball.gif
  [ Ignore ]