mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "how to change preset drum arpeggios?"

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 11:23 AM
gabriel m
Total Posts:  128
Joined  01-28-2007

Hi Guys,

Is it actually possible to change the existing preset drum arpeggios in Motif ES?

What I mean is not changing the rhythm as such only omitting certain sounds in the rhythm. Would that be possible?

Thanks.

Gabriel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 10:58 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Gabriel,

The Motif ES provides no provision for directly editing either preset of user arpeggios. You could record the MIDI sequence associated with the arpeggio, edit it and then convert it to a user arpeggio.

For information on recording arpeggios, see the attached article. (While written for the Motif Classic, it applies equally to the Motif ES.)

Also most of the drum arpeggios in the Motif ES are also present as preset pattern phrases. If the ones you wish to modify are present as preset phrases, you edit them and store them as user pattern phrases. You can then convert it to a user arpeggio.

Regards,

Brad Weber

File Attachments
MOTIFArpeggiator.pdf  (File Size: 130KB - Downloads: 1045)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 12:01 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008
gabriel m - 25 May 2009 11:23 AM

Hi Guys,

Is it actually possible to change the existing preset drum arpeggios in Motif ES?

What I mean is not changing the rhythm as such only omitting certain sounds in the rhythm. Would that be possible?

Thanks.

Gabriel

You could edit the drum voice you are using to only include those drum hits you want. The ARP would still play all the notes, but only those with an assigned waveform will be heard.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 03:14 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Correct. You can do so easily by setting the PART’s NOTE LIMIT regions so that only the sounds you want to hear are included.

Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press Track Select button [1]-[16] to select the PART
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF3] LIMIT

Set the “NoteLimitH” (High) and “NoteLimitL” (Low) so that the sounds you want to hear are allowed to sound. For example, you have a drum groove with Latin percussion and you only want the Latin percussion… you set the NoteLimitL to remove the standard drums. Or you might want to use just the standard drums and eliminate the Latin percussion, you can set the NoteLimitH to remove all sounds above B2.

You can even set the High Note Limit lower than the Low Note limit - this is useful when, for example, you want to eliminate a few notes from the middle of a pattern.. Say you want to remove the snare drum “D1” from an arpeggio pattern… you can set the NoteLimitH = “C#1 and set the NoteLimitL = “D#1” - this will eliminate D1 from sounding.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 05:17 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

I’ve never tried this from arrpeggio’s but from Drum Patterns you can use the Realtime Loop Remix. There are countless variations. The dispay gives a vague picture of the changes although I never found myself to be able to interpet the display too well. If anyone can interpet the display, I would be very interested to know.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Getting a Song into a jumpdrive
Next Topic:

Sequencer / ARP Question ››