mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Getting a Song into a jumpdrive"

Posted on: May 24, 2009 @ 12:18 AM
alesis
Total Posts:  200
Joined  03-12-2005

I am planning to sing a song which I have without the vocals. The problem is that it’s to high for me and I want to sing it in a lower tone. I know it can be done with the sampling and use the transpose I think but I don’t know how. Can anyone give me a step by step instruction for that?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 06:31 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
alesis - 24 May 2009 12:18 AM

I am planning to sing a song which I have without the vocals. The problem is that it’s to high for me and I want to sing it in a lower tone. I know it can be done with the sampling and use the transpose I think but I don’t know how. Can anyone give me a step by step instruction for that?

Thanks

The first question is do you have backing instruments saved in MIDI or audio format? If it is in MIDI, you could use transpose function (-12) to lower instruments by one octave.
If you want to sing in a lower tone and to move that one octave upper, than you should use Cubase 5 that already has pitch shifting function or you could try Yamaha VST plug-in Pitch Fix that could be find at http://www.yamahasynth.com (under downloads).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 10:30 AM
alesis
Joined  03-12-2005

I haveit as an audio. Can I convert to midi on the Motif? If yes that should be no problem because the pitch of the song is too high for me and I want to transpose to -2 octaves.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 05:15 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
alesis - 25 May 2009 10:30 AM

I haveit as an audio. Can I convert to midi on the Motif? If yes that should be no problem because the pitch of the song is too high for me and I want to transpose to -2 octaves.

You could not convert audio to midi. There are some utility programs that gives possibility to do that, but you should “give” them reference sound (as a separate file). I have tried once some program, but it is only useful if you have one instrument audio file. Maybe someone who used Wavelab or have more experience with audio/sample editing on computer could help you.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 06:30 PM
alesis
Joined  03-12-2005

OK I know how to do it in Logic Studio. It has a pitch shifter, then I did a bounce and save as mp3 to an Ipod.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase as slave
Next Topic:

how to change preset drum arpeggios? ››