mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "probably an easy drum question"

Posted on: May 23, 2009 @ 01:33 PM
djanisz1
Total Posts:  1
Joined  05-23-2009

Hello,

I’m new to this forum.  I am trying to create a drum kit.  What I would like to do is have different waves trigger for different velocities.  For example, when I hit the ride cymbal key softer it triggers the ride, but when I hit it harder I would like it to trigger the bell.  Is there any way to do this? 

DJ

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2009 @ 12:06 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The way this has evolved (over the last 25 years or more) is that the basic Ride cymbal is assigned to D#2 and the Ride cymbal’c Cup wave is assigned to to F2.

On most of the kits this is also true. Even with electronic drum pad kits that feature a Ride cymbal with multiple sounds, it is done with a two or even three-zone pads where you are triggering different waves.

One of the reasons it evolved to two separate key assignments is you start to realize that you may not allows want the cup sound to be louder than the normal ride, or vice versa, you wind up wanting a wider range of amplitude responses (velocity) available from the sound itself.

We are not sure of your application - if you are playing this from a pad kit you may want to use a dual zone pad or if you are playing from a keyboard, try working with the D#2/F2 note assignment (which you will find in most MIDI drum maps)

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Channels in MO8
Next Topic:

Adding a crescendo to horn voices ››