mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Is The AIEB 2 24 Bit?"

Posted on: May 23, 2009 @ 12:21 PM
bugstone
Total Posts:  10
Joined  01-22-2006

Hi All,

I was wondering if the digital in/out card (aieb 2) inputs and out puts in 24 bit or 16 bit.  I sometimes play my recorders 24 bit digital output through the Motif es6 via the Aieb 2 coaxal input. Am I hearing 24 bit or 16 bit?

Thanks,
Bugs

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 10:39 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

While I believe the AIEB2 can input and output 16, 20 or 24 bit digital data, the internal sound generation capability of the Motif class synthesizers that can accommodate the AIEB2 support 16-bit data. Therefore, if you are playing 20 or 24-bit data through the AIEB2, I’m pretty sure that your data is truncated to the 16 most significant bits.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2009 @ 12:41 PM
bugstone
Total Posts:  10
Joined  01-22-2006

I have contacted Yamaha tech support regarding this question.  Issac states, “Pass through will be 24 bit, if the signal is sampled (by the Motif) it’ll be 16 bit.” - Isaac.  The reason that I thought this might be the case is because I commonly use the DAC of the Motif ES instead of the converters of my Yamaha AW4416 because they are sonically superior.  It also acts as a very good dac and volume controller for many cd players with a digital out.  Just put it in performance mode hit edit-out/mef and set pan to c Revsend and ChorSend to 0.  Then hit MEQ and set all eq gains to 0. Then hit MEF -Switch to off.

Thanks,
Bugs

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Voices in Pattern Mix mode confusion. Is it just me??
Next Topic:

Cubase as slave ››