mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES reload OS"

Posted on: May 19, 2009 @ 07:09 PM
Total Posts:  60
Joined  12-08-2006

Is there a way to reload the OS on the ES ? Is there a button combination to press while turning on the unit that will start it up as it was out of the box?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2009 @ 10:35 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

You don’t need to reload the OS to do this.

Go to [Utility] mode, hit [Job] and select the factory reset option.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2009 @ 10:57 AM
Joined  12-08-2006

Thanks, I’ll do that. I still think I need something more. I also have a Triron Le and it has a procedure for reloading the OS with a button combo when turning on. You see I have strange things going on with my ES. I will be trying to record in Song. All will be going ok. I’ll record trk 1, then 2 and so on. Then… I noticed that I when I tried to say, use trk 5 the Song will go to SONG 5 not TRACK 5. I select track 7...it goes to SONG 7.not TRACK 7 ...so then I cannot finish my song I have to turn the unit off and start again. losing everything I’ve done up to then. It’s a random thing ... anyone see this ???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2009 @ 12:01 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

The ES reloads its OS at every power up.
The reset as described only brings back the standard voices etc.
as out-of-the-box.

The rest is a misunderstanding of the ES.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2009 @ 01:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You see I have strange things going on with my ES. I will be trying to record in Song. All will be going ok. I’ll record trk 1, then 2 and so on. Then… I noticed that I when I tried to say, use trk 5 the Song will go to SONG 5 not TRACK 5. I select track 7...it goes to SONG 7.not TRACK 7 ...so then I cannot finish my song I have to turn the unit off and start again. losing everything I’ve done up to then. It’s a random thing ... anyone see this ???

That’s a feature, not a problem with your operating system… let me explain.

When you are in SONG mode (or PATTERN mode), you can select tracks using the buttons [1]-[16] only when the [TRACK SELECT] button is lit.

The Track Select button is located just to the right of button #[8].

If the Track Select button is not lit, and you are in SONG or PATTERN mode, the buttons A-D and [1] through [16] are used to select SONGS 01 through 64, as follows:

[A], [1]- [16] equal SONGs 1-16
[B], [1]- [16] equal SONGs 17-32
[C], [1]- [16] equal SONGs 33-48
[B], [1]- [16] equal SONGs 49-64

If the [MUTE] button is lit, then the numbers will turn OFF and ON the sound from that Track or Part. SO it depends on what the lights are telling you. 

In fact, the number buttons [1]-[16] have many different functions depending on the mode and what lights are lit (see chart from the manual below):

Hope that helps clarify the mystery of the disappearing data… there is nothing wrong with your ES, it’s a feature!
:)

Image Attachments
FrontPanel1_16.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2009 @ 08:47 PM
Joined  12-08-2006

I will pay attention to my lights…
As I tell my service customers… “The unit is doing it wrong because it is doing what you asked it to do....”
Thanks everyone.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Looping
Next Topic:

Use of multiple samples for new voices ››